Fan keeps runnin after shut down

Reaction score
When I shut the computer down the fans keep running
(psu, graphic card, cooling fan)

and if i force quit(pull the plug or turn the switch off)
and turn it back on i think its overclocked???(on boot no signal on screen and i have to clear the CMOS to boot again)

maybe be the bios???

I formated the computer because of this problem but its still like this
any idea?

Reaction score
Have you tried hooking up another power supply to your computer to see if that makes a difference,

sounds like a very strange problem.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
does the monitor remain blank? or does it show 'windows is shutting down' screen?
if its the latter, then im running into the same problem and im going to try to fix it. If i find anything that works ill post my findings :D

Reaction score
Alf said:
does the monitor remain blank? or does it show 'windows is shutting down' screen?
if its the latter, then im running into the same problem and im going to try to fix it. If i find anything that works ill post my findings :D

yes its blank, after "Window is shutting down" screen

i get no signal from the computer

and fan keeps running

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Well what worked for me (dont know if itll work for you) is running CCleaner. download it, hit analyze and run cleaner.

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem.

My windows shuts down but the computer still has power, PSU, fans, LED's are still on. I have to keep 5 seconds on power button to shut everything down.

I had the freeze thing before, windows was freezing after "saving your profile" at "shutting down windows", and again PSU, fans, LED's were on, but also with the "shutting down windows" window frozen. I got rid of this tho after I installed my graphic card drivers.

My system:

E6600
2Gb Corsair 800mhz
8600 GTS Extreme
Gigabyte P35 DS3R

Windows XP SP2 32bit.

Ask a Question