external hard drive case

Reaction score
hi sorry to have to repost this but ive had no replies in over a week

hi ive had to open up my seagate freeagent go 500gb hard drive and it voided the drive :( i need a case, can u recommend 1 which looks as close to the orginal
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-320...45360977&sr=1-1

and also doesnt need 2 usb cables to power it, and supports 500gb, as i was unaware that different cases dont support higher capacity drives for whatever reason.

Or is it possible to get the little circuit board connector as its a little chip on that which has burnt out which stopped me accessing it :( nothin to do with the drive

many thanks leow

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Get one of These and one of These.

Total cost around £60.00 plus postage and so much more reliable than dedicated external disks.

It has e-sata and usb connections.

It does have a power supply though so you'll have to plug it in the mains.

One advantage is that you can upgrade the disk in it (1Tb perhaps) as needs dictate and still use the old 500Gb drive inside a computer.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tech spec from the link says it's a 2.5" drive with 5400rpm speed so I'm guessing it's PATA/IDE.

Reaction score
sorry i havent replied earlier been really busy at work, yeah my freeagent go drive is a 2.5" sata drive, so i am looking for a 2.5" external portable case

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
leow said:
sorry i havent replied earlier been really busy at work, yeah my freeagent go drive is a 2.5" sata drive, so i am looking for a 2.5" external portable case

Why do you insist on that format?

Reaction score
i brought a portable drive so i can go round my m8s and share data, ideally i wont to the same thing

Reaction score
leow said:
i brought a portable drive so i can go round my m8s and share data, ideally i wont to the same thing

HAve a look here And all the enclosures will come with twin USB plug cable....

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
leow said:

The seperate hard drive and enclosure I linked to will do that for you.

They are also more efficient, reliable and cost less money than the format you were using.

Reaction score
Hi Leow

I put a question (which you have answed here) to your origonal post yesterday. I only joined then. :)

As it is S-ATA and you want a power free unit have a look at these here.

Ask a Question