"Explorer" searches, doesn't explore

arch_stanton

Due to something accidentally touching a key while I was working, I've
developed a frustrating glitch in Windows Explorer. When I click on a
folder in the right hand pane, instead of displaying the enclosed
files, the Search window opens. If I right click on the folder then
choose "Explore" from the drop down menu the files are listed. How can
I correct this and get Explorer, as before, to list the files without
opening the Search window first?

Thanks.

bojimbo26

Due to something accidentally touching a key while I was working, I've
developed a frustrating glitch in Windows Explorer. When I click on a
folder in the right hand pane, instead of displaying the enclosed
files, the Search window opens. If I right click on the folder then
choose "Explore" from the drop down menu the files are listed. How can
I correct this and get Explorer, as before, to list the files without
opening the Search window first?

Thanks.

Have you installed a prog that uses a particular * shortcut key * ?

pcbutts1

Cut and paste everything between the lines and paste it into notepad. Save
the file as opensch.reg and save it to the desktop. make sure you change the
save as type.... drop down box to all files. Once saved double click on the
file to merge it into the registry. Reboot.

Begin cut below this line
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]
@="none"