Windows XP Explorer gone black

Reaction score
I have recently been messing around with themes, docks, icon ect.. to make my pc look like a mac. I havn't been very careful and have downloaded a few torrent and other files that have been "threats" according to AVG

Now and part of explorer is pitch black apart from icons, i cant see error messages or find things like control panel.

After alot of looking around in the dark i managed to find my way to system restore and put it back to before i had even considered changing the apearance of my operating system but still the problem persists.

Please help if you can, any would be very, very apreciated.

Miles

Reaction score
mileses said:
I have recently been messing around with themes, docks, icon ect.. to make my pc look like a mac. I havn't been very careful and have downloaded a few torrent and other files that have been "threats" according to AVG

Now and part of explorer is pitch black apart from icons, i cant see error messages or find things like control panel.

After alot of looking around in the dark i managed to find my way to system restore and put it back to before i had even considered changing the apearance of my operating system but still the problem persists.

Please help if you can, any would be very, very apreciated.

Miles

Hi Miles..Welcome to the forum...:wave:

HAve you tried doing a repair install ? Also do you know or can you remember what you downloaded ? Check Add/Remove Programs to see if owt is still there..Also check Program files to see if owt is there, and if it is delete it..

Reaction score
Thanks mate i'm going to try a repair install.

I have gone through add/remove and deleted anything to do with themes ect

miles

Ask a Question