Explorer crashes

S

Steve

I'm running windows XP pro and am encountering the following difficulty. Whenever I attempt to open a J-peg from the "my photos"folder with camera and fax viewer I get the following message:

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

And then the subsequent "error reporting" screen." My folder closes, all screen icons disappear and then rebuild (slowly) at which point it's business as usual. Does anyone know how to fix this nuisance? Thanks in advance. -Steve

C

CWatters

Have a look to see what the exact error is in the Application Event Log (use the Event Viewer in admin tools or type Event Viewer into Help and support). If you double click on the event there is an option to copy the details to the clip board (so you can insert it in a posting for example). There is also a link where you might find out more about the particular error.

I'm running windows XP pro and am encountering the following difficulty. Whenever I attempt to open a J-peg from the "my photos"folder with camera and fax viewer I get the following message:

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

And then the subsequent "error reporting" screen." My folder closes, all screen icons disappear and then rebuild (slowly) at which point it's business as usual. Does anyone know how to fix this nuisance? Thanks in advance. -Steve

Ask a Question