Excel

Paul Tisdale

Having problems with excel 2000, in that no decimal points
appear in any spreadsheets. There is a space between the
numbers but no point.If you go to format cells it tells me
2 decimal points is in operation. I have tried a repair on
office but this has not worked. Neither has a reinstall.
The spreadsheets work on another computer. Any advice
would be appreciated.

David McRitchie

Hi Paul,
What do you have under
START (windows key), settings, control panel, Regional Options
General (Tab), what do you have for location
Number (Tab), what do you have for decimal symbol

This is an Excel newsgroup, all questions are Excel, your single
word subject is not a helpful description of your question
for those who look for answers in the archived postings. Suppose
someone sees your question and finds an answer later, they would
have a hard time finding your question again so they could answer it.
Newsgroups and archives:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlindex.htm
Hints for New Posters (Chip Pearson's site)
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm
Posting to Newsgroups
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/posting.htm