Excel won't print

S

StJ

Hi

The problem I have seems to be isolated to MS Excel 2010 wherein it just won't print any worksheets.

The printer works fine with other programs, e.g. MS Word 2010 and others, but whenever I click to print a worksheet the print icon
appears in the system tray and upon clicking that icon, a small window appears showing whatever worksheet I have selected is all
set up to print, THEN it disappears.

I am assuming that it disappears because all the relevent data has been sent to the printer and therefore the computer sees that
as the print job done and deletes it.

Unfortuantely the data is not getting through to the printer.

Can anyone tell me what's going on, why, and how to rectify the situation please?

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

C

CellShocked

Hi

The problem I have seems to be isolated to MS Excel 2010 wherein it just won't print any worksheets.

The printer works fine with other programs, e.g. MS Word 2010 and others, but whenever I click to print a worksheet the print icon
appears in the system tray and upon clicking that icon, a small window appears showing whatever worksheet I have selected is all
set up to print, THEN it disappears.

I am assuming that it disappears because all the relevent data has been sent to the printer and therefore the computer sees that
as the print job done and deletes it.

Unfortuantely the data is not getting through to the printer.

Can anyone tell me what's going on, why, and how to rectify the situation please?

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

your default printer must be the MS document thingy for that app. or
you're set to "print to file".

S

StJ

CellShocked said:
your default printer must be the MS document thingy for that app. or
you're set to "print to file".

If MS Word is printing okay, don't you think the default printer must already be configured to my printer not print to file?

Ask a Question