Excel Excel Problems

Reaction score
When pasting a spreadsheet from Excel 2003 into Word 2003, the £ signs are out of alignment with the figures so when the spreasheet arrives in Word these £ signs appear either above or below the figures..WHY!
Also the spreadsheet is something too large for the page in Word, but if you print the spreadsheet straight from Excel ther are no problems, it the fits the A4 paper perfectly.
I have tried various opitions without sucess.
What am I do wrong.. :confused:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you downloaded Office SP1 and all other Office updates from Microsoft site?

If not, it's advisable to do so.

Office SP1 is quite a hefty download, as I recall, but worth installing.

Other than that, I have not a clue, sorry :(

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Andrew

I am no great excel expert but have you tried 'enable macros' when working on excel and before pasting into word 2003?

My ex PA is a wizzo with excel so if you continue to have probs, I am seeing her tomorrow night and can find out for you.

Let me know!

Kind regards

Gabs x

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
When pasting a spreadsheet from Excel 2003 into Word 2003, the £ signs are out of alignment with the figures so when the spreadsheet arrives in Word these £ signs appear either above or below the figures.. WHY!

Word is not handling the Excel "Accounting" cell format ... reformat all the relevant cells to Currency in Excel and all should be well.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Andrew Marsh said:
When pasting a spreadsheet from Excel 2003 into Word 2003, the £ signs are out of alignment with the figures so when the spreasheet arrives in Word these £ signs appear either above or below the figures..WHY!
Also the spreadsheet is something too large for the page in Word, but if you print the spreadsheet straight from Excel ther are no problems, it the fits the A4 paper perfectly.
I have tried various opitions without sucess.
What am I do wrong.. :confused:

Both my wife and my mother are accountants, I spoke with them and they told me exactly what I already thought. First, are you using Office 2003 Home or Pro? Second, We all use Pro and tried to just copy and paste, everything was perfect. Next, try to make a table in Word then Paste all your content inside the table. Lastly, Word is the worst of all of Microsoft's horible programs and Excel is thier best :blush: , I would (and do) use Excel for everything I need to do. When I have info that I need to post on a website, I tell my clients to type it in Excel, it saves me A LOT of time.

Good Luck Andrew,

Av

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Andrew

Send me a PM with the specific problems/what's going wrong etc.... and I will ask my wizzo friend. It's a shame cos I have just met up with her tonight.

I am confident I can sort this for you because if she doesn't know...........

Give me a couple of days after your PM and I will get back to you if you let me have an email address.

Take care

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Hey, why are you pasting to word any way.... Is it becasue of the lines????
Those can be made invisible and pages printed out exactly as they appear. Plus I would never want to paste from Exel to word, they are two very different formats. Yes more than likely a lot of stuff will be misalligned, this is because of the grids/tables in exel... In my opinion not Word freindly.

Anyways.... I tend not to mix the two, if I'm in Exel I can do all my work in thier, I've never needed to switch. If you want a grid in word than add a table. if you want to make a nice long paragraph or a body of text in Exel you can merge cells, insert text tables... the possibilites are endless. I have to agree with earlier statements, Exell is the finest office tool, runner up is power point. Word is at best limiting....

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am using Office 2003 Student & Teacher version which I bought to replace another word proccesor to which I lost the cd and therefore needed, when I replaced my hard drive that decided to expire.
What I was using Excel for was to produce a Cash Flow Spreadsheet to show monthly expenditure,i.e. business rates,rent and various expenses and then show the cashflow available for the month.
I then wanted to paste these spreadsheets into a business report, produce in Word,which I now know dosen't work without being corrupted.
Well, Raje I did'nt think about using your idea and I agreed Word certainly lets down the Office package.

Ask a Question