Excel Excel: Match, Index and subtract across 2 columns and 2 tabs

Reaction score
Hello!
Here's what I've been tasked with:
I'm setting up a spreadsheet to track invoices. I have 2 tabs. The first tab records the Purchase Order Number, Supplier, terms, the amount of the PO and a few other items. The second tab tracks invoices. What I hope to accomplish is this: When a user enters the invoice info - they will also enter what PO number the invoice should be applied to. I want to set up a column 'Balance of Invoice' on the first tab that will automatically look at the list of invoices and subtract if the POs match. I'm thinking Index, match will work but I need assistance. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. thank you

Reaction score
LoriD2014,
I use a similar workbook to total entries from several sources. I use sumif. If you post the names of the spreadsheets and the ranges for the PO and invoice totals I can mock up your formula.
Stoneboysteve

Reaction score
StoneboySteve,
Thank you for your response! I will post the spreadsheet on Tuesday (I'm away for the weekend). Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Ask a Question