Excel Excel help.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on a farmers market spreadsheet. I will be starting my seeds in my basement in large trays, Then they will be transferred them all to pots (that will be taken outside to harden), and finally, will be planting them in my large garden.

Each row will represent a week. I want to be able to enter a value in a cell above (for this example, let us assume that all of the values are all 4), that will cause 4 cells in the first column to show "Seed"(B20:B23). The next value, "Potted", will fill the next 4 cells in that column with "Potted"(B24:B27). The same will apply for "Planted"(B28:B31). I then want the same thing to happen in column C, but starting at C21.

Each new column (there will be 12 of them) need to offset by one more row. I believe that I can do those by simply starting the formula one cell lower in the next cells.

Not all plants grow at the same rate, so I will need to be able to change the variable that sets the number of cells filled for each type.

Thanks,

Dave

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum :wave:

Not sure I'm following you... if each row represents a week, what does each column represent? What data are you looking to show in the table?

Reaction score
Each row is a week and each column is a batch. I want the columns to be filled with the words Seed, Potted, and Planted, based on the number that I fill into the space above.

If I had set the variables at 2, it will fill like this:

Batch1 Batch 2 Batch 3 Batch 4 Batch 5 Batch 6
Week 1 Seed
Week 2 Seed Seed
Week 3 Potted Seed Seed
Week 4 Potted Potted Seed Seed
Week 5 Planted Potted Potted Seed
Week 6 Planted Planted Potted Potted Seed
etc.

That way I can track a single batch of plants from seed to harvest or sale of the plant, depending on the amount of time that the plant will require. I will have one sheet for each type of plant: tomatoes, peppers, squash, basil, etc. It is a production schedule.

Ask a Question