Excel excel help - need to extract data from several worksheets

Reaction score
Hi - This question might have been answered before but I can't find the thread.

I have a worksheet for each persons responses to a series of questions for a survey. Now I want to create a new worksheet with each persons response to the same question in one column. The good thing its that all the data is entered using the same template, so i.e. question 1 responses will be on the same cell for each person's worksheet. How do I extract the data on the same cell on each worksheet either a new workbook, worksheet, or a different location on the worksheet.

thanks.

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
So in the new worksheet you want all of the responses in the same column but on different rows?

This can be done with a macro. A formula should also work if you know how many worksheets there are and the number of responses on each sheet is the same.

(I could do this in a macro except that I gave up M$ Office for OpenOffice about a month ago and the macros aren't the same in OO :p . I could try to help you out but I'd find it pretty hard without Excel on my PC to test it.)

Ask a Question