Evesham Technology

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Is there anybody out there who has bought anything from Evesham Technology? They do computers and TVs mainly. Some of the TVs look like good value but recommendations are always useful.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've not had any personal experience of Evesham - but from what I've read they seem to have a pretty good reputation and decent customer service by all accounts.

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Thanks for that, itsme. Plenty of info there.Most people seem very happy with Evesham TVs but, of course, there was one who thought they were "crap" and their service "stank".

I have never dealt with Evesham? But one out of that lot is good in my books:thumb:

Reaction score
Eveshambles - NO NO NO!

Hi, Brand new to this forum, so greetings all. I was looking for somewhere to post my experience with Eveshambles - so here you go!

On July 1st, I ordered a Zieo N500 laptop from them, costing £1099. It looked damn good, built in digital TV tuner, massive RAM, HDMI output, etc, etc.

I called them on the Monday morning, as their site suggested just a 9 day lead time. I was advised that there was a 4 week delay and anticipated delivery was July 31st. Oh well, I thought, I will wait.

On Wednesday 11th, I received an email saying that they had changed the spec and the laptop would not come with the built in TV tuner. Would I like a £30 refund or a USB TV tuner. After ringing them on the Thursday, I begrudgingly accepted a £15 refund and the USB tuner. The £15 entered my account on the Friday.

I emailed them on Monday 23rd to ask for an update, as I was getting excited....! "All is well Sir, 31st it is".

Wednesday 25th - email received:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

I regret to inform you that delivery of the chassis required to complete your order has been delayed. A new delivery date has not yet been confirmed but we are chasing our supplier for an ETA and will keep you updated.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you that we will process your order as quickly as possible whilst not compromising quality.

We thank you for your patience with this matter.

Kind Regards,

So within 48 hrs, there was a delay with no idea as to when I would get it. On the Thursday I cancelled the order, as I had no patience left.

Now given what I said above, I would have thought the £1099 would have entered my account on the Friday? Sounds obvious, hey? NO. I waited and waited and finally got the refund Thursday 2nd August - a full week after cancelling. This was after I managed to get hold of the chairman's and some directors email address
smile.gif

The chairman could not even apologise, seemingly could not be bothered and was generally unhelpful.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Based on others here experiences with other "suppliers" I think Evesham were fair.

They kept you informed and updated.

It is typical for "refunds" to take 28days ... :nod:

No, I do not work for, or have have any affiliations with Evesham. ;)

Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys & Aldi have Laptops for sail (sic) :D

:user:

Ask a Question