Trouble at evesham technology?

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new PC and a friend recommended me to check out evesham. A quick google has got me worried though;

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/06/22/evesham_buyout_execs_exit/

What effect is this likely to have on me if I go ahead and buy from them, or should I just avoid them for now?

I dont want to buy a PC and then not be able to get any warranty support in the future!!

p.s. I'm looking to spend about £800-900 at most.

HH

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think anyone apart from Evesham will know the full story so I can't really comment, but there's no harm in taking a look at another company if you are worried. :thumb: It doesn't instill much confidence after reading that article so I'd keep tuned to their site :)

I'd suggest looking around anyway, take a look at Novatech as we've had one member having a good experience there in the last week:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3128120

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
hophog88 said:
I'm looking to buy a new PC and a friend recommended me to check out evesham.
HH

I posted a thread named "Evesham Technology" a couple of weeks ago and in general the response from others and a Google site was fairly good.However, in view of that recent info I would stay clear. That sort of change is often not good news.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
nivrip,

I hear Cadburys are cutting job & closing factories ... better stay clear of their products too. :thumb:

;)

Nice one mucks.

I remember when there were ominous noises coming from Rover Cars.I had one at the time and very rapidly got rid of it. I was glad that I did as Rovers almost became a liability. I certainly wouldn't buy from Evesham now as there is always the possibility that the machine could go wrong and you could find that the company had gone down the tubes. Always worrying when management are on the way out!!!

I never buy Cadbury's anyway - always get Terry's.

Reaction score
Hi, my personal experience with evesham have been bad. I bought my laptop from them back in jun 2006, and since then i have had so many problems. 2 hard drive failures, 2 screen failures and a keyboard failure, o and now i am having a battery problem. Even though i had a 3 year 'gold star' warranty, i still had to fork out for the repairs. I would avoid evesham at all cost! Now i am currently considering whether or not to throw this piece of junk away!

Ask a Question