EVERY FILE--CORRUPT---HELP!!!

Ok, I have been running XP for probably a good year now on this computer, and
I have yet to run into any serious viruses or errors! I've recently ran into
my first one, what happens is every time I start my PC up, when I get to the
main screen, a message saying "OSA.EXE Is Corrupt." And thats it! And every
file i use after that, another message will pop up saying "____ Is Corrupt"
Everything I open becomes corrupt! Some still work, but programs like AIM or
Yahoo Messenger, when I click on the icons to open them, all that happens is
an hour glass appears next to the mouse for 2seconds, then thats it. It
doesnt open or anything no matter how many times I click on it...I cant
install any files because the installation setups become
"corrupt"...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
(e-mail address removed)

David H. Lipman

Open a Command Prompt.

In the Command Prompt type the following...

CHKDSK C: /F

If it replies..
"Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process.
Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?
(Y/N)"

Choose - Y

type; EXIT

Reboot the PC.

A full Check Disk will want to be performed, allow it.

--
Dave

"EVERY FILE--CORRUPT---HELP!!!" <EVERY [email protected]>
wrote in message | Ok, I have been running XP for probably a good year now on this computer, and
| I have yet to run into any serious viruses or errors! I've recently ran into
| my first one, what happens is every time I start my PC up, when I get to the
| main screen, a message saying "OSA.EXE Is Corrupt." And thats it! And every
| file i use after that, another message will pop up saying "____ Is Corrupt"
| Everything I open becomes corrupt! Some still work, but programs like AIM or
| Yahoo Messenger, when I click on the icons to open them, all that happens is
| an hour glass appears next to the mouse for 2seconds, then thats it. It
| doesnt open or anything no matter how many times I click on it...I cant
| install any files because the installation setups become
| "corrupt"...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|
| Steve
| (e-mail address removed)

Will Denny

Hi

OSA.exe is an MS Office file. Try uninstalling/reinstalling MS Office.
Also from Start>Run type

sfc /scannow

please note the space between the c and /. You may need to have your XP CD
to hand.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User