screen before the restart. in the Event Viewer: system
log I am getting the Event ID = 6008.

The description field says "the previous system shutdown
at (time) on (date) was unexpected.

Can somebody tell me about this error?

Thanks

G

Hello

Its a common even id thats generated when the system reboots unexpectedly. Nothing can be concluded looking at this error. Check if we are getting any bug check codes in system log. If we are not getting any then the machine is not properly configured to make a complete memory dump

Go to the advanced properties from system properties. Then go to startup and debugging options. We can uncheck the option automatically restart so that we get a stop code when it reboots the next time. Looking at the stop code we can find out what may be the problem

Best way is to configure the system to take complete memory dump file and then debug it using windows debugger software windbg. To take a memory dump file we should have the page file on the system partition and it should be 1.5 times the amount of RAM. Also check the debugging option is set to complete memory dump and we have enough space on system partition to make the dump file.

Ask a Question