Event ID = 4097

Ali

Hello
When I connects to net after a while the error occurs
which describe the in the event viewer as

" Com+ Event system detected a bad return code during its
internal processing. HRESULT was 800706BA from line 42 of
\eventsystemobj.cpp "

Where as SP2 has installed in my w2000.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

I understand that the system records the Event ID 4097 in the application
log of the event viewer.

"COM+ Event system detected a bad return code during its internal
processing. HRESULT was 800706BA from line 42 of \eventsystemobj.cpp"

Note: Backup the system before performing the following operations.
Please update the system with the latest service pack and check if it
resolves the issue. Also make sure the following patches are applied on the
system.

Blaster worm:
823980 MS03-026: Buffer Overrun in RPC May Allow Code Execution
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823980

324039 INFO: Availability of Windows 2000 Post-Service Pack 3 COM+ Hotfix
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324039

Hope it resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Rashmi