Even worse than dodgy politicians

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What could possibly be worse than politicians frittering away your hard-earned cash for their own gratification you ask?

Actually, I'll digress a little.

Why is our cash always hard-earned?

What about those of us who've earnt some easy cash?

I've earnt easy cash before, quite often, actually. A morning's work for three hundred smackers is what I'd call easy-earned cash, wouldn't you?

So there you go, another journalistic cliche bites the dust :)

Now where was I? Oh yes, something worse than slimy politicos.

Let me tell you, this is a tale of grief and woe, of such misfortune that could befall a fellow on an otherwise uneventful Tuesday afternoon here in SE10.

At around 4pm today, feeling peckish, I prepared some food. On the worktop was some cooked, hot, macaroni cheese. Under the grill was some nice thick cooked smoked bacon. Heating in the microwave in a small pyrex bowl covered with a sideplate was some lentil soup.

My microwave is on top of my fridge freezer which by my estimate made the soup about six feet (that's an imperial measurement a little below 2M for all you Euro types) above the ground.

The microwave went 'ting' I opened the door and lifted the bowl.

The bowl was extremely hot.

The hotness of the bowl made itself known to my conciousness fairly quickly.

Being a well tuned sort of chap with still functioning body reflexes my brain told my hands to let go of the bowl.

Pausing only to exclaim 'F*****g Hell!' I released the bowl/plate/soup unwillinglly lightly throwing it upwards.

The bowl and plate travelled downwards. The side plate struck the grill with such momentum the rashers of bacon flew in the air and made their way to the kitchen floor.

The bowl containing the soup, however, decided on a different route. On it's way down it managed to turn sideways, emptying the soup.

The first thing it struck was the container with the macaroni cheese. This caused what soup remained in the bowl to fly upwards and the macaroni cheese to be projected in a 180 degree arc sort of sideways.

The bowl and the sideplate were on the floor, the macaroni cheese container lay on it's side.

One would think that a portion of macaroni cheese for one and a standard size lentil soup didn't amount to much.

However, both culinary delights, to my amazement, seemed to have made their presence felt in most areas of the kitchen.

As I surveyed my intended meal I noted it was on the worktop; the floor; the walls; the cooker; inside the cutlery drawer; across some cookery books; on the i-Pod player; the microwave; the kitchen door; the ceiling; my jeans; my sweatshirt, my hair and one of my ears.

I sort of stood there in a stunned silence for some moments and figured I was going to do one of two things - laugh or cry.

Not wanting to be a miserable fellow, I laughed. I'm rather glad I laughed now, on reflection I think I would real rather foolish had I cried.

So, I got an instant meal out the freezer, microwaved it and ate it. As I consumed my instant meal I was very aware of the soup and pasta in my hair.

I left the mess in the kitchen, I couldn't be bothered.

It is now 10pm. At 9pm I started cleaning everything, I finished at 9.45p.m.

Now I'm going to shower and change my clothes, I'm still splattered in goo.

Well, there ya go, some days are good and some days aren't so good :)

Reaction score
I so seriously want to laugh, but I can't..I'd feel guilty as there was the possibility you could have burnt yourself severly...

floppybootstomp said:
On the worktop was some cooked, hot, macaroni cheese. Under the grill was some nice thick cooked smoked bacon.

What..? No mention of sliced tomatoe to go on top of the macaroni cheese with the bacon...?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thats the thing with you Flopp's..You always have to make a mountain out of a molehill..:D

By the way I did laugh my bloody socks off while reading and no! I didn't feel guilty either..The best comedy is always at someone elses expense..:D
laughingsmiley.gif

Made my night that did..
nod.gif

Carry on..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gawd and I thought I had it rough:lol: FBS you have made a man happy and should be proud of yourself;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'll leave a comment ... when I stop laughing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

another flops classic

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It is not normally my wont, to laugh at a fellow being's misfortune, nay, I am the sympathetic type....:rolleyes: however, this catalogue of disasters has just rendered me helpless and weak from laughter which bordered on hysteria. I could totally picture the scene. Also, having had a similar - though less elevated mishap (the microwave being worktop height) with a container of boiling-hot plums... I can picture your soupy mess. In my case, the ceiling was spared, but the molten, sticky plum juice spread itself very liberally around at least half of the kitchen.

Thank you for the laugh but thank goodness you didn't get scalded.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You suveners ! what you like. No mention of trying to suck up the soup with a straw or scooping the macaroni on to a plate. An all them starving little ones in the world.

Tut tut.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
FBS You should get that story published the Sun/Mirror would pay £££££££££s for that:D

Reaction score
At least ya didnt go hungry....i can just see the airspace in that kitchen full of scoff.....pity nobody caught that on camera....stuff like that is priceless....moral of the story is....wear gloves when taking the soup out in future....would you say you look more like laurel or hardy LOL
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments everybody :)

This morning in the cold light of day I noticed I missed a few bits :D

Or maybe I should say warm light of day cos it was the sunshine streaming through the window that showed up my rather poor state of cleanliness from yesterday evening.

There was a brief moment of anxiety when the event occured where I worried about being scalded but luckily for me although the bowl was hot, the soup was still only warm and the macaroni cheese had cooled a little prior to eating (well, I thought I was going to eat it...)

Luvverly day today, I've been for a stroll, I only wish I had some work atm...

Ask a Question