Sparrowhawk pic

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Conditions were not great - raining, dull, etc. But around 6 pm, as I glanced out of the kitchen window, I saw this fellow eating an unfortunate feathered friend. Anyway, I grabbed my trusty camera and took aim through the blinds, managing this shot before he flew off in a huff at the disturbance... took his meal with him though.

IMG_0475-1.jpg

I cropped this one just to try and get a closer look. Unfortunately it's not as clear as I'd like but I was also holding the camera at arm's length across the worktop, lol. :D

IMG_0475.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Not suprised he flew of in a huff. How would you like folk pointing stuff at you when you had just found a nice quiet resteraunt and settled down to tear yer dinner limb from limb. :p

Nice looking chap though.

nod.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

That's a bit better.

Always nice to get pics like that, TC. :thumb:

Attachments

• Sparrowhawk3.jpg
    Sparrowhawk3.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 304
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Nice looking chap though.

nod.gif

I is not a birdy man unless they are of the human type, but this is an awesome picture you have taken.....:thumb:

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
nivrip said:
That's a bit better.

Very much better, thank you Niv :thumb: I was so excited about getting the shot that I didn't stop to tweak it, but that is a big improvement, thank you again :D

That old tree stump is a favourite perching spot for birds like him - and also the smaller ones, who don't go around eating each other. It has rotted quite a bit over the years, but we don't have the heart to get rid of it, because it is an attraction to the wildlife. Woodpeckers love it, so we put fat-treats into the holes which they will actively seek out.

At the bottom end, passing cats will sometimes sharpen their claws, and squirrels also like to chase each other up, down and around it. One of these days, it will probably just collapse, but until it does, it can stay :D

Ask a Question