Eurostar - What A Way To Travel

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
What a great way to travel. This was my first trip through the Channel Tunnel and I found it so relaxing. Went through to Brussels and then on for an overnight stay at Cologne before heading down to Austria. Lots of High Speed Lines in Belgium, Germany and Austria compared to the one and only in the UK, St. Pancras to Tunnel.

This was the longest train journey I’d ever done other than a 5000km trip on the Trans Siberian, but that’s another story. The whole trip was so smooth and the service was excellent. I think it beats air travel because you can actually see things and there was some spectacular scenery along the way.

You people who live in the London area are really lucky having this service at hand and I know that if I lived there I would use Eurostar as much as possible. I was told about the statues in St. Pancras and I really liked them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• St.PancA.jpg
    St.PancA.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 153
  • St.Panc2A.jpg
    St.Panc2A.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 191
Reaction score
Those statues are lovely...I have been on the Eurostar before a few times, but nothing like the trip you did. St Pancras Station is awesome since the rebuild. I can't wait for The Midland Grand Hotel to be finished and open to the public again. I went for a tour of it years ago, and it has the most awesome stair case in it I have ever seen, lots of history in that place....

Ask a Question