Error with IE: iexplorer.exe

hi, when I start using IE my pc keep saying that there are problems with iexplorer.exe and so must shut down and report to microsoft.com. The same error occur with explorer.exe and I can't open application like "my computer" etc. In order to fix the problem I reinstall my window but the problem still present. What can I do?? Many thanks!!

Alan Edwards

Please supply exact details of the error messages. There is no such
file as iexplorer.exe (perhaps iexplore.exe?)

....Alan

H Leboeuf

Iexplorer.exe is used by this parasite.

RapidBlaster http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/RapidBlaster.html
More: http://www.wilderssecurity.net/specialinfo/rapidblaster.html
--

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Henri Leboeuf

Chloe said:
hi, when I start using IE my pc keep saying that there are problems with
iexplorer.exe and so must shut down and report to microsoft.com. The same
error occur with explorer.exe and I can't open application like "my
computer" etc. In order to fix the problem I reinstall my window but the
problem still present. What can I do?? Many thanks!!

I CANNOT OPEN INTERNET EXPLORER ON MY DESKTOP WITHOUT A MICROSOFT ERROR BOX COMING UP.I HAVE REINSTALLED EXPLORER BUT IT KEEPS SAYING I HAVE A NEWER VERSION INSTALLED ALREADY. GONE TO MICROSOFT WEB SITE AND DOWNLOADED FROM THERE AND IT STILL WON'T ACCEPT IT.COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM I REALLY DON'T WANT TO FORMATT MY COMPUTER SINCE IT REQUIRES A LOT OF WORK .IT ALSO CLAIMS I AM MISSING EXPLORER.EXE FILE

Don Varnau

Bob,
From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced uncheck "Enable third party
browser extensions." That should allow IE to open.

Run CWShredder from http://www.merijn.org/downloads.html It's been
the most helpful with this problem. CWShredder is only about 125 KB so it
could be downloaded
from another machine onto a floppy disk.

Search for and remove other malware and note the security tips at:
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

You should re-enable browser extensions after the cleanup.

Post back if these steps don't work for you.

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

BOB ROBERTSON said:
I CANNOT OPEN INTERNET EXPLORER ON MY DESKTOP WITHOUT A MICROSOFT ERROR
BOX COMING UP.I HAVE REINSTALLED EXPLORER BUT IT KEEPS SAYING I HAVE A NEWER
VERSION INSTALLED ALREADY. GONE TO MICROSOFT WEB SITE AND DOWNLOADED FROM
THERE AND IT STILL WON'T ACCEPT IT.COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS
PROBLEM I REALLY DON'T WANT TO FORMATT MY COMPUTER SINCE IT REQUIRES A LOT
OF WORK .IT ALSO CLAIMS I AM MISSING EXPLORER.EXE FILE

Don

Happy Sunday!

Thank you for posting your sujested fix. It worked great. Gateway has posted a message within their main support menu addressing this problem They state that they do not support the fix and send you to their fee based tutorial service. I waited on hold for 20 min befor hanging up and getting on a second pc to find you.
Thanks again and have a great day.

asispray