error smpt,port 25 error ox800cccf

Edean Lefler

From: "robinc48" <[email protected]>
Subject: Windows Mail won't send - Error message
Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:37 PM

My Windows Mail program has started giving me an error message when I
try to send out an email ... the message gets stuck in the Outbox. The
current message, for a test email I tried, is:
"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a
long period of inactivity. Subject '', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net',
Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

My computer (an HP) is 2 weeks old with a new edition of
Office 2007 installed. OS - Vista Home Premium 64-bit. It just started
doing this yesterday. I am receiving mail fine.

Thanks very much for your help ...

Robin

Tia

From: "robinc48" <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:37 PM

My Windows Mail program has started giving me an error message when I
try to send out an email ... the message gets stuck in the Outbox. The
current message, for a test email I tried, is:
"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a
long period of inactivity. Subject '', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net',
Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

My computer (an HP) is 2 weeks old with a new edition of
Office 2007 installed. OS - Vista Home Premium 64-bit. It just started
doing this yesterday. I am receiving mail fine.

Thanks very much for your help ...

Robin
I have had a similar problem. I was not having any problems. My error
messages were a little different. I have tried that fix on the website
www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ but I had no sucess. I got the message This update
does not apply to your system.

I did have a similar problem occure a few months ago and it corrected itself
after a couple of days. So I am hoping for the same this time.

I am going to try the webmail in the meantime.

Gary VanderMolen

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then change port 25 to port 80. If you get a new error message with
port 80, post it here.

hp

From: "robinc48" <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:37 PM

My Windows Mail program has started giving me an error message when I
try to send out an email ... the message gets stuck in the Outbox. The
current message, for a test email I tried, is:
"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a
long period of inactivity. Subject '', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net',
Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

My computer (an HP) is 2 weeks old with a new edition of
Office 2007 installed. OS - Vista Home Premium 64-bit. It just started
doing this yesterday. I am receiving mail fine.

Thanks very much for your help ...
Robin

Gary VanderMolen

What part of "If you get a new error message with port 80, post it here"
was difficult to understand?

Not knowing the error with port 80, I can only make a best guess:
One frequent cause for the "unexpectedly terminated" error is inter-
ference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

rotaibi said:
Itried changing the port to 80- it still errored.

rotaibi

Tia

My problem has been resolved. My ISP finally got around to answering my
email.
It turns out that they had made changes to their outgoing server. So I had
to change the setting for my outgoing mail. Thanks for the help anyway.

Tia