error saving embedded files

I have created many pages on Front Page 2000. However, on two of my pages I
get this message when I am trying to save the page with images I have
scanned. "An error occurred accessing your Front Page web files. Authors - if
authoring against a web server, please contact the webmaster for this
server's site Web Masters please see the server's system log for more
details" I have contacted my web master she doesn't have a clue what is
wrong, and this doesn't happen on my other 7+ pages, only on 2. Any
suggestions?

E. T. Culling

What kind of embedded files? If images, make sure they were imported into
the site before being used on the page.
ETC

The files are scanned art work saved as a jpeg image. I have these same
images on a lot of my pages but have only had this error twice. When you view
the page in Front Page the images show, but when you FTP the page the images
do not appear. The images are imported, but they won't save.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

could be several things;

Don't use extension .jpEg, use .jpg

*Import* image file into FP first before inserting it into your design.

If your web is FP extension enabled, don't use FTP method of uploading, use File | Publish Web via http:// method.

If the image file is over 1meg there is a known file-size problem.

hth.

| The files are scanned art work saved as a jpeg image. I have these same
| images on a lot of my pages but have only had this error twice. When you view
| the page in Front Page the images show, but when you FTP the page the images
| do not appear. The images are imported, but they won't save.
|
| "E. T. Culling" wrote:
|
| > What kind of embedded files? If images, make sure they were imported into
| > the site before being used on the page.
| > ETC
| > > get this message when I am trying to save the page with images I have
| > > scanned. "An error occurred accessing your Front Page web files. Authors -
| > > if
| > > authoring against a web server, please contact the webmaster for this
| > > server's site Web Masters please see the server's system log for more
| > > details" I have contacted my web master she doesn't have a clue what is
| > > wrong, and this doesn't happen on my other 7+ pages, only on 2. Any
| > > suggestions?

Thomas A. Rowe

Make sure you are upload the image as well when using a FTP application.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Is there a way to get by the 1meg size problem, because that appears to be
the answer. I checked all the other scanned jpg images that work and they are
under a meg, and the ones that are not working are over a meg.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

I've never had the problem so I never paid attention to the work arounds...I 'think' you just use FP's FTP (carefully, so don't break your extensions), to just upload that one image file.

Search the ng here - I'm sure it's been posted in the last couple of weeks, this comes up all the time. Or please wait for someone to confirm this before you use FTP.

| Is there a way to get by the 1meg size problem, because that appears to be
| the answer. I checked all the other scanned jpg images that work and they are
| under a meg, and the ones that are not working are over a meg.
|
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
|
| > could be several things;
| >
| > Don't use extension .jpEg, use .jpg
| >
| > *Import* image file into FP first before inserting it into your design.
| >
| > If your web is FP extension enabled, don't use FTP method of uploading, use File | Publish Web via http:// method.
| >
| > If the image file is over 1meg there is a known file-size problem.
| >
| > hth.
| >

| > | The files are scanned art work saved as a jpeg image. I have these same
| > | images on a lot of my pages but have only had this error twice. When you view
| > | the page in Front Page the images show, but when you FTP the page the images
| > | do not appear. The images are imported, but they won't save.
| > |
| > | "E. T. Culling" wrote:
| > |
> [...]

Thomas A. Rowe

The only solution is to use a FTP application (not FP) to upload the large files.

Have you consider reducing the size of these images, as folk on a slow connection are not going to
wait for them to load.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Ronx

The usual way to get large files into a FrontPage web (where importing
and/or publishing fails) is to use Windows Explorer to move the file into
the web folders on the local PC.

To upload the large file, use an FTP client to upload to the server and in
the local web right click the file and mark as "Do not Publish".

In both cases, open the appropriate web in FrontPage and use
Tools->Recalculate Hyperlinks to update the Meta data in the extensions.

I have never heard of an image "failing to save" when using FTP, unless the
available web space is full.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

slightly ot.

I used to use IE as a ftp client does that still work? haven't done it in long time 'cause I never remember the login string.

| The only solution is to use a FTP application (not FP) to upload the large files.
|
| Have you consider reducing the size of these images, as folk on a slow connection are not going to
| wait for them to load.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > Is there a way to get by the 1meg size problem, because that appears to be
| > the answer. I checked all the other scanned jpg images that work and they are
| > under a meg, and the ones that are not working are over a meg.
| >
| > "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
| >
| >> could be several things;
| >>
| >> Don't use extension .jpEg, use .jpg
| >>
| >> *Import* image file into FP first before inserting it into your design.
| >>
| >> If your web is FP extension enabled, don't use FTP method of uploading, use File | Publish Web
| >> via http:// method.
| >>
| >> If the image file is over 1meg there is a known file-size problem.
| >>
| >> hth.

| >> |
| >> |
> [...]

Ronx

You can still use IE as an FTP client, but the login part of the URL no
longer works for security reasons.

In the address bar use

ftp://ftpservername.com
you should then be prompted for username and password.

--
Ron Symonds (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message slightly ot.

I used to use IE as a ftp client does that still work? haven't done it in
long time 'cause I never remember the login string.

| The only solution is to use a FTP application (not FP) to upload the large
files.

| Have you consider reducing the size of these images, as folk on a slow
connection are not going to
| wait for them to load.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > Is there a way to get by the 1meg size problem, because that appears to
be
| > the answer. I checked all the other scanned jpg images that work and
they are
| > under a meg, and the ones that are not working are over a meg.
| >
| > "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
| >
| >> could be several things;
| >>
| >> Don't use extension .jpEg, use .jpg
| >>
| >> *Import* image file into FP first before inserting it into your design.
| >>
| >> If your web is FP extension enabled, don't use FTP method of uploading,
use File | Publish Web
| >> via http:// method.
| >>
| >> If the image file is over 1meg there is a known file-size problem.
| >>
| >> hth.

| >> |
| >> |
Authors -
Any

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

ah you mean the part with the colon pw...hmmmm that may be why I stopped using it heheeeee.

| You can still use IE as an FTP client, but the login part of the URL no
| longer works for security reasons.
|
| In the address bar use
|
| ftp://ftpservername.com
| you should then be prompted for username and password.
|
| --
| Ron Symonds (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | slightly ot.
|
| I used to use IE as a ftp client does that still work? haven't done it in
| long time 'cause I never remember the login string.
|

| | | The only solution is to use a FTP application (not FP) to upload the large
| files.
| |
| | Have you consider reducing the size of these images, as folk on a slow
| connection are not going to
| | wait for them to load.
| |
| | --
| | ==============================================
| | Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| | WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| |
| | FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| | ==============================================
| | To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| |
| be
| | > the answer. I checked all the other scanned jpg images that work and
| they are
| | > under a meg, and the ones that are not working are over a meg.

| use File | Publish Web

| same
| you view
| images
| | >> |
| | >> |
| imported into
| my pages I
| have
| Authors -
| this
| more
| what is
| Any

| |
| |

Thomas A. Rowe

Never used IE FTP function.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

slightly ot.

I used to use IE as a ftp client does that still work? haven't done it in long time 'cause I never
remember the login string.

| The only solution is to use a FTP application (not FP) to upload the large files.
|
| Have you consider reducing the size of these images, as folk on a slow connection are not going to
| wait for them to load.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > Is there a way to get by the 1meg size problem, because that appears to be
| > the answer. I checked all the other scanned jpg images that work and they are
| > under a meg, and the ones that are not working are over a meg.
| >
| > "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
| >
| >> could be several things;
| >>
| >> Don't use extension .jpEg, use .jpg
| >>
| >> *Import* image file into FP first before inserting it into your design.
| >>
| >> If your web is FP extension enabled, don't use FTP method of uploading, use File | Publish Web
| >> via http:// method.
| >>
| >> If the image file is over 1meg there is a known file-size problem.
| >>
| >> hth.

| >> |
| >> |