Error message

kheali

Bob said:
Answered in-line.

No worries. Use this:
***McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/McAfee-Consumer-Product-Removal-Tool.shtml
Unfortunately there is no Trend Micro removal tool.

Did you try to right click and delete the Trend stuff?

***Usenet newsgroup
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup

Comcast.
How do I configure Outlook Express to view and post to newsgroups? (The
instructions apply to Windows Mail as well)
Do not use the "One Click Fix".
http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=NewsgroupsSoftware17506

***There's a lot of pretty country in Mass. Connecticut too.
Where in Mass are you?

I take it you are in California? A

***I'm LOST in Maryland. :(

I am really so challenging that you need to dump me into some other Q&A group? I read the newsgroup link...I know what that means...but I guess I should be grateful. Thank You. I tried the right click thing on the seemingly permanent registration agreement but it didn't give me the delete option. I suppose I can live with the error messages and Trend's fun pop-ups about how unsecure my computer is...I will figure it out.
You're in Maryland. I just figured Cali because of the PST clock. Do you
do this job for Microsoft or is this even a job...a hobby perhaps? I'm sorry
you are lost...Maryland is a beautiful state. I grew up 10miles north of
Boston and now I live about 30 miles north of Boston, about 15 minutes from
New Hampshire. I love living here...The seasons make life worth living, but
you have them in Maryland much the same as we have here.

Bob

kheali said:
You're in Maryland. I just figured Cali because of the PST clock. Do you
do this job for Microsoft or is this even a job...a hobby perhaps? I'm
sorry
you are lost...Maryland is a beautiful state. I grew up 10miles north of
Boston and now I live about 30 miles north of Boston, about 15 minutes
from
New Hampshire. I love living here...The seasons make life worth living,
but
you have them in Maryland much the same as we have here.

I guess you can call it a hobby.

Maryland does not even come close to New England.

I can make further suggestions regarding Trend, like "take ownership and/or
editing your registry. Not something you should do if you are not familiar
with it.
If you use an instant messenger e.g. Yahoo Messenger, I would be willing to
work with you one on one.

BTW I'm not a computer "expert".
I do have a PhD in Computer Science. I'm a graduate of the "University of
Trial and Error"

This is a newsgroup, microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail. It's unmoderated,
but there are fewer messages from spammers and undesirables that in
other newsgroups. You may be using the web interface Microsoft provides
in order to reach it, and therefore unable to use all the features of
newsgroups.

Newsgroups are older than internet; they are left over from the older
methods
of exchanging messages, but now use mostly the internet.

kheali

Bob said:
I guess you can call it a hobby.

Maryland does not even come close to New England.

I can make further suggestions regarding Trend, like "take ownership and/or
editing your registry. Not something you should do if you are not familiar
with it.
If you use an instant messenger e.g. Yahoo Messenger, I would be willing to
work with you one on one.

BTW I'm not a computer "expert".
I do have a PhD in Computer Science. I'm a graduate of the "University of
Trial and Error"

I think UTE is one of the best schools out there. I have more than one degree from them myself. Maybe, we matriculated at the same time! Doesn't comp science make you an "expert" by default? This instant messenger you speak of. I believe I have heard it discussed many times at dinner parties. IM? I am currently not doing that. However, I would be interested. Is it something anyone can do? My current internet provider is Comcast. I would do it if you were willing to take the time out of your busy existence to help me. I am an excellent pupil and a fast learner. (Look at my other post to see why I am new to computers) I definitely don't want to do anything on my own that could be potentially devastating!
Thank you Dr Bob

Bob

other post to see why I am new to computers)

I don't know which post that would be. Would you mind repeating it?
Thank you Dr Bob

Oh pshaw, you can call me Bobby.

kheali

Bob said:
What is your Yahoo ID? I'll IM you.
You know, my post from yesterday Emails received? Can I give you my Yahoo ID over this site? I don't need a lot of unknowns...
Thank you Bobby

essv

--
essvThe host 'SMTP.msn.hotmail.com' could not be found. Please verify that
you have entered the server name correctly.