error message wiped out saved document file. Please help.

G

I was editing a word in a document that I have saved continuously. I changed a word and went to save the document. I got an error message that said it was unable to perform this action, press okay. I did and the entire text is gone. The doc icon is still there but the doc is empty. I tried search and backup and everything, but its all gone. Can anyone help me get the text back? Thanks so much. It's a brand new laptop and I was offline, so I am desperate. Thanks.

G

try doing a 'search
to do this, click Start> search>Documesnts(word processing) select your search options, then type in all or part of the document name. If nothing comes up, follow the same directions, but also use the 'advanced search option' where you can select very specific places in your pc that you want to search
Post back with your results..if this doesn't work, we'll try something else
What program were you using to write your doc?

G

I was using regular WordPad document. I tried searching using every parameter, including backup and system files, but I get nothing. I can understand if it didn't save the last text change I made, but the entire contents are gone. I saved every time I made a change, and it was fine, then the last time I got a message that said it was unable to save the new change, and press OK. I did, and now all the text is gone. It didn't just not keep the new change, but the entire text is missing.

Ask a Question