When I write a document with several mathematical objects in Word 2007 I can
easily save the document. But after a while, as the document becomes larger
and more complex (with dotted lists and other paragraphs), the program won't
save the document anymore. The error message says: "A file error has occurred
[file path]". Can somebody please tell me what happens, or just tell me what
to do?

D

Daniel Wiebe

I don't know if you found a solution to this problem, but I had the exact same problem and followed the solution detailed in the last post of this page:

http://help.wugnet.com/office/Word-...occurredftopic-1126389-days0-orderasc-16.html

I found that in my case, the equation that was causing the error wouldn't give me the save error if I added another equation on the line above it. So I left a dummy equation above it with the text whited-out.
When I write a document with several mathematical objects in Word 2007 I can
easily save the document. But after a while, as the document becomes larger
and more complex (with dotted lists and other paragraphs), the program will not
save the document anymore. The error message says: "A file error has occurred
[file path]". Can somebody please tell me what happens, or just tell me what
to do?

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
WCF Generic DataContract object Serializer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f-generic-datacontract-object-serializer.aspx

Reaction score
A better solution is to go to the Review ribbon, in the Tracking section change to "Final Showing Markup," then go through and accept each of the changes that are marked in red inside your equation(s). Apparently Word 2007 cannot save tracked changes within the equations.

I still had to save the file under a different name, but after accepting tracked changes I no longer received the "a file error has occurred" message.

Ask a Question