Error message: Front Page 98; there is no server on port 80 at pc

G

Many Questions
1. This error message displays (there is no server on port 80 at pc) when I attempt to save changes in FP98-EDITOR
I have recently changed my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. I know it is probably a server conflict but don't know how to fix it

2. I have purchased a full liscensed version of Front Page 2003. Should I un-install Front Page 98 before installing the new application? If so, do I need to save files associated with each site

3. I am maintaining two web sites which I authored with FrontPage 98 on my old windows 98. I seem to have several
copies of each web site in various directories. Sice Changing to WINdows 2000 I am unable to locate my websites in the FrontPage98 open web Dialog box. I am therefore unable to edit or publish either web site

Help.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

FP98 used PWS and a local server under the FP SE
Windows 2000 uses IIS (Add remove programs Windows Components) and the FP SE
See http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/sts/2001/all/proddocs/en-us/admindoc/owsd02.mspx

--

| Many Questions:
| 1. This error message displays (there is no server on port 80 at pc) when I attempt to save changes in FP98-EDITOR.
| I have recently changed my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. I know it is probably a server conflict but don't know how to fix
it.
|
| 2. I have purchased a full liscensed version of Front Page 2003. Should I un-install Front Page 98 before installing the new
application? If so, do I need to save files associated with each site?
|
| 3. I am maintaining two web sites which I authored with FrontPage 98 on my old windows 98. I seem to have several
| copies of each web site in various directories. Sice Changing to WINdows 2000 I am unable to locate my websites in the FrontPage98
open web Dialog box. I am therefore unable to edit or publish either web site.
|
| Help.

Ask a Question