Error log from previous post...

G

Well ive tryed a buncha stuff to get this game going... Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars... to no avail... Ive pasted the error log from the game to show you some of the errors.. For future questions i have all updates to game, windows, hardware, and directx9b..

** START DUMP: Sat May 08 02:48:16 200

** Error Informatio
etrace: key track wetness string not found under section net game info in shell stor
Module: deshell.
Line: 246

** Error Informatio
etrace: key chat line not found under section network game in shell stor
Module: deshell.
Line: 222

now i just formatted so these are only a couple of them.. gimme a couple days and ill have a ton of em... i tryed to turn on indexing service, no help, i tryed to install the game to C:\Documents and Settings\???\Application Data\Ratbag\Dirt Track Racing - Sprint Cars because the app verifier said it had problem writing to the default location or something... ive tryed all compatibility settings also... the game runs and you can play... but in multiplayer you get random boots when someone joins, when you try to load a setup for your car.. things like this... i really love windows xp but this is my main game and id hate to go to dual boot just to handle this game... i am very knowledgable with computers and software... as this is what i do for a living... the toolkit lists several issues under the dtrsc.exe which i tryed to open the exe thru the program and it caused all kind of problems... so im not sure where to go from here HELP!!!! if u need direct contact with me my email is my msn messenger contact info also... Hundreds play this game and are having this same problem that run xp home or pro... So thanks in advance if anyone can help us... JR

J

Jimmy S.

Hi JR,

I really think you should put your effort into contacting the
official support folks about those application errors. I gave
you their info in my reply to your original post. Good luck!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

| Well ive tryed a buncha stuff to get this game going... Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars... to no avail... Ive pasted the error log
from the game to show you some of the errors.. For future questions i have all updates to game, windows, hardware, and directx9b...
|
| ** START DUMP: Sat May 08 02:48:16 2004
|
| ** Error Information
| etrace: key track wetness string not found under section net game info in shell store
| Module: deshell.c
| Line: 2462
|
| ** Error Information
| etrace: key chat line not found under section network game in shell store
| Module: deshell.c
| Line: 2221
|
| now i just formatted so these are only a couple of them.. gimme a couple days and ill have a ton of em... i tryed to turn on
indexing service, no help, i tryed to install the game to C:\Documents and Settings\???\Application Data\Ratbag\Dirt Track Racing -
Sprint Cars because the app verifier said it had problem writing to the default location or something... ive tryed all compatibility
settings also... the game runs and you can play... but in multiplayer you get random boots when someone joins, when you try to load
a setup for your car.. things like this... i really love windows xp but this is my main game and id hate to go to dual boot just to
handle this game... i am very knowledgable with computers and software... as this is what i do for a living... the toolkit lists
several issues under the dtrsc.exe which i tryed to open the exe thru the program and it caused all kind of problems... so im not
sure where to go from here HELP!!!! if u need direct contact with me my email is my msn messenger contact info also... Hundreds play
this game and are having this same problem that run xp home or pro... So thanks in advance if anyone can help us... JR

G

They are not the makers of this game, and ratbag wont provide support for it... and this is an xp issue since it works fine with all other operating systems... theres gotta be something to adjust in windows xp to make this game work correctly... i have contacted atari about this and will see about their response in a couple days but i doubt it will go anywhere since they did not develop this game... Thanks JR

Ask a Question