Error Loading Operating System After Install

G

i haven't been able to get windows xp to load after the first restart of the installation, every time i format and install the OS after the files are copied it goes to the first restart, and when my system reboots an error message comes up saying - error loading operating system - i first originally thought something was wrong with the hard drive but i did a low level format, and tested it and everything was fine, any help would be greatly appreciate

thanks

R

Rob

what kind of hard drive, SATA by any chance? what size? over 137gig in the
first partition?

Bo said:
i haven't been able to get windows xp to load after the first restart of
the installation, every time i format and install the OS after the files are
copied it goes to the first restart, and when my system reboots an error
message comes up saying - error loading operating system - i first
originally thought something was wrong with the hard drive but i did a low
level format, and tested it and everything was fine, any help would be
greatly appreciated

G

PLEAESE SOMEONE DO THE HEADS UP ON RE-INSTALLING I HAVE A DELL SYYSTEM WHICH IS 3 WKS. OLD I HAD TO RE INST AFTER TRYING TO NETWORK..ANYWAY IT WO'T LET ME GO TO THE EN OF INSTALLATION..I AM A NEWIE FOR SURE I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT PC'S SO SOMEONE PLEASE CONTACT ME TO HELP ME WITH (e-mail address removed) OR (e-mail address removed)
----- Bo wrote: ----

i haven't been able to get windows xp to load after the first restart of the installation, every time i format and install the OS after the files are copied it goes to the first restart, and when my system reboots an error message comes up saying - error loading operating system - i first originally thought something was wrong with the hard drive but i did a low level format, and tested it and everything was fine, any help would be greatly appreciate

thanks

G

it is a Western Digital 80GB / 7200 / 8MB / ATA-100 EIDE Hard Drive, and i have a full ntfs partition

Ask a Question