Epson Stylus Photo R220

Reaction score
I also bought the 220 strictly for the CD/DVD printing and have been very happy with the results. Have printed 40 DVD's and am down about 35-40% on the ink, fairly even across the board with the exception of black which is going a bit faster. Printing is near painless after the initial tweaking. Good news about the quality other other vendor inks. Thanks for all the footwork.

Reaction score
what is the correct setting for the interior circumference? I am not as computer savy as You Young Guys or gals.

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
I think you might find that a new set of carts from Epson will last longer than the originals. In common with other manufacturers, I think Epson supply the printer with less than full carts.

Thanks for a good review by the way.

Covenant

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
4getaboutit said:
what is the correct setting for the interior circumference? I am not as computer savy as You Young Guys or gals.
It all depends on which discs you print to.
I print on full face ritek DVD-R's, which have a internal diameter (rather than circumference) of about 23mm,
I also print to full face CD-R's, which have a internal diameter of about 25mm.
The external diameter on both types of discs is just over 118mm.

Oh, and by internal/external diameters, I am refering to the printable surface rather than the physical dimensions of the disc.

Reaction score
Play around with all the settings.

4getaboutit said:

Also... the two presets work out well.
I did trial and error with a couple different brands, both full faced and not full faced.

Also I would recomend using the fader option for the center diameter to make it look like a clean transistion when the pic is not a perfect fit. You can change the colors and I like the results this way. Don't be afraid to ruin a disk or 10 for that matter. Its always best to try out different settings and really see what the out put is.

Ros

Reaction score
Epson stylus photo R220-how do I print monochrome??

Hi

I wonder if you can help me, I also recently brought this printer, but today I'm experiencing problems. The colour prints it gives me are excellent but I can't print monochrome (black and white). I print my own pictures as I'm into photography. I found your comments on the web when I was searching for help. Do you have any idea how to get a good print out of the printer !!!

I'm new to this forum and using forum, and my computer skills are basic. I Look forward to your reply or anyone who can help.

Thanks Ros

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Are the images your trying to print in black and white, originally in colour.

i.e. Are you trying to print a black and white photo of a full-colour image?

The best option is to convert your image to black and white first using a photo/graphics program, and then just print the image straight from there.

Ros

Reaction score
Hello

Its a colour picture that i have desaturated. When I print it, it still has a slight

colour cast to it !

Ros

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
You'd be much better off changing the image digitally into black and white, using a photo/graphics package, and then printing the image. Once your image to print is converted into black and white (~maybe grayscale), then you should experiment with the printer settings - you will get a slightly different effect if you print using normal (colour) settings, and grayscale settings.

Colour printers (even when printing apparently black and white/grey) images normally still use a slight amount of colour to achive all the shades of grey, this is whiy is'd important to convert the image first, digitally, then play with your printer settings.

Ros

Reaction score
thanks for info, we have tried this but todate it hasn't beem veru successful !

Ask a Question