Epson Stylus C82 and HP 5652 Printers

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some feedback on any one of these printers if you have used them?

If you have done a comparision that would be even better!

I did some "Googling" but got mixed opinions.

Thanks for any input.:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Epson Stylus C82
  • the ink is expensive
  • if one colour runs out, you need a new cartrage, then again you may need a new printer
  • it uses "smart chips", you cannot refil yourself
  • print heads still clogs
  • very NOISY
  • press the print button on the PC and wait ... after it makes a load of "clunking sounds" it will eventually start to print, noisily
  • remember to open the front panel in order for the paper to come out of the machine or the paper will jame ... then you need a crow bar to get the paper out
I personally would not recomend an Epson anything printer. :mad:

HP 5652 Printer
  • the ink is expensive
  • Has two-sided printing accessory! However, if you don't need this feature, the 5652 is virtually the same printer as the HP Deskjet 5160
  • quiet, very quiet
If you want to print Digital photos, have a look at the "Photosmart" range instead. ;)
I've had a Photosmart printer for 3 years now. :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Don't know about those particular two, but I've tried Canon, Epson and HP printers so far. And a Samsung mono laser.

In my experience, I'll only ever buy HP printers now, just got one of those Photosmart models for my Mum, it's good.

Unless you get into the big money range, in my experience the HP Printers may be a little slower than their peers, but their quality is far and above all other makes I've tried.

Reaction score
Lexmark are usually good - have a Z34 i think, prints photos just fine for what i need at least.
dirt cheap too!

HP are usually the top brand to go for though...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Really appreciate all the feedback, thank you very much! :)

Reaction score
wouldn't touch epson or lexmark (especially lexmark) both cheap and nasty!

personally i'd go for HP or Cannon.

Reaction score
well i have heard stuff about lexmark but to be honest i dont get why

i got a Z34 free with the parents previous computer and it is actully very very good

prints fast, good quality, USB not serial connection... generally a good value for money piece of kit

though if the sole purpose of a printer is photos or what ever then i would spend a fair bit more on a higher quality one.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The person for whom I was checking about the printers went with HP 5652 (based on the feedback on this thread) also keeping in mind his requirements and budget.

He is very happy with the unit, prints fast, very quiet, good looking and no bugs in the supplied driver for the XP OS.

Thanks guys I know I can always depend on you! :)

Ask a Question