EPSON R800 switches OFF

Reaction score
My Epson R800 printer is ON. As soon as I start a print and exactly at the moment where it should pull in the paper the printer goes OFF! No more action! Switching ON is no more possible. After removing power cord for several minutes I can again switch ON the printer. All looks fine the same thing happens again when the printer should do something. The communication looks good because on the PC I can check the level of the inks. Any idea about the problem? Thank you Armin

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the hint. In the meantime I could figure out the problem. During the cleaning process some liquid came to the flat ribbon cable which goes to the head print. It produced corrosion and short circuits! So please be careful with cleaning printers.

Reaction score
I would reset it now... the printer is confused and might cause other problems later.
And why the hell there was liquid in your printer? Haven't you heard that printers shouldnt be cleaned? It causes more damage than good. And also in the printer control panel there is a option to clean the printer. It will rotate all the wheel and print several colours using all cartridges.

Last edited:

Ask a Question