Epson photo scan fails

Sue

I have an epson stylus photo RX 700
The printer side of it installed whithout any problems but the scanner
was a complete pain.
I seem to have had many problems installing scanners and this has been
yet another one.
Eventually I did install it and everything seemed to be working fine
but have just tried again and I now get the error message,all over
again.
"Epson scan cannot be started."
Any help would be much appreciated.
I have XP and SP2 and for a long time now have big problems installing
any new peripherals ...eventually I seem to get there, but this time
after seeming to install it and working fine it has failed
again.:confused:

Sue

JS said:
It could be a Twain driver issue. Look on Epson's web site for a set o

drivers for your model.
Epson RX700 drivers: http://tinyurl.com/pelha

JS

"Sue" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

I have an epson stylus photo RX 700
The printer side of it installed whithout any problems but th
scanner
was a complete pain.
I seem to have had many problems installing scanners and this ha
been
yet another one.
Eventually I did install it and everything seemed to be working fine
but have just tried again and I now get the error message,all over
again.
"Epson scan cannot be started."
Any help would be much appreciated.
I have XP and SP2 and for a long time now have big problem
installing
any new peripherals ...eventually I seem to get there, but this time
after seeming to install it and working fine it has failed
again.:confused:

Thank you JS, I will try that

Sue

Sue said:
Thank you JS, I will try that.

Thank you all for your help. Very much appreciated.:)
I have just tried switching on the photo/scanner BEFORE I switch o
the pc and it works

JS

Strange, my Epson doesn't need to be on before turning on the PC.
Glad you solved the problem.

JS

Sue

Sue Wrote:-
Thank you JS, I will try that.-

Thank you all for your help. Very much appreciated.:)
I have just tried switching on the photo/scanner BEFORE I switch on
the pc and it works!

Thank you JS, and I hope I don't get any more glitches with this as I
seem to have problems getting new peripherals to install in the first
place.
I can spend hours on working around it and did think at first it was
windows installer files that were either corrupted or gone!
Much appreciate your time.
Thank you again