Epson perfection lines

Reaction score
I'm running XP Pro on a 4-year-old ATI laptop. My Perfection 1200U is several years old, ran perfectly until I moved it to the laptop last week. Downloaded the Twain5 driver for it (tried the drivers for both the 1200 and 1200U, same result), but when I scan anything the image is behind a mask of dark lines/bars, visible only thru the thin clear areas between the black bars. Have uninstalled and reinstalled three times, same results, and can find no settings that change anything in this regard.

Have AVG Pro on both computers, plus AdAware. MS Office '07 on the laptop, but 2003 version on the previous computer. The laptop has a new 160gb HD and 2gb RAM, but the processor apparently did not rise to the occasion, and I most videos dont do well on the laptop.

I have exhausted the FAQs I could find on the scanner, trying to find something about the lines/bars. I'd very much appreciate suggestions or directions on what would cause this and/or possible fixes.
Thanks very much
Bruce

Ask a Question