Windows XP Epsom1260 photo

Reaction score
My Epsom1260 photo will not scan to Smart panel, printer or web. I tried to uninstall. Some files will not do this. On reinstalling, the Smart panel will not reinstall as message says another version is still there. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Thank you

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is the uninstall link still there in add/remove programs, an did you get an error when you tried to uninstall the first time?

Reaction score
Hi
thank you for prompt reply
I have managed to download an epsom support bulletin. There was some issues about not being able to totally uninstall from add remove programmes. I was to skip to the next part and remove all th smart panel and twain related folders. they are located in the following folders.
a) epfb5 (default folder)located in C:\Windows\twain_32
b)epsom(default folder)located in C:\ProgramFiles\

Note Open the Epsom folder and remove only these folders.:Convert,CopyUtility, Photo print, Scan to web, and smart panel.

I did this as far as it would allow me, and download a file to install.

I downloaded a patch from microsoft web site and followed instructions to reinstall.

Everything went to plan but still no smart panel facility. It seemed the downloaded patch turned out to be for Windows SP1 not Windows XP home SP2.

Looks like I need the instruction for SP2
I am not so experience at this uninstalling etc. It is likely I have missed a step somewhere along the road.

I miss the facility for copying direct to the printer, which is also an Epsom Sylus C82
Thank you again
S_L

Last edited:

Ask a Question