Enter Network Box keeps coming back. No email.

Reaction score
I understand my problem has been around for years but I can't find it discussed in PC Review. I am using Outlook 2003 with XP on a new computer. After weeks of normal email operation suddenly I can't receive email in Outlook (or Outlook Express) and I get a constantly recurring dialog with the instruction to "Enter Network Password. The User Name and Password in the Box is already correctly filled in. As long as Outlook is open the dialog box keeps on coming back.

In addition to deleting the Outlook account ( there's only one), running Detect and Repair, uninstalling and reinstalling Office Basic 2003, checking with the ISP (OK), I, with help, removed the entry in the Registry's Protected Storage System Provider.

The problem remains, I can't receive email on Outlook - but I can on Webmail. My wife's email with the same ISP on her Outlook on her machine is OK. Anybody got any ideas? Denzil.

Reaction score
Resolution.

Despite many protestations of innocence after many days of trying everything under the sun my ISP admitted they had a password meltdown inconveniencing many of their subscribers. They changed my password and my problem was instantly over. Regards, Denzil.

Ask a Question