From: "Rick Parsons" <>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 3:36 PM
Subject: email attachment problem

I am trying to email a .doc file from Word via File - Send To - Mail
Recipient (as Attachment) but the attachment is loaded as a *.dat file that
the recipient cannot open in Word.
Do I need to change a default setting regarding how files are posted as email attachments?

Thanks,

Rick

The person your sending it to has either AOL as an ISP or has AV software
making the change.

A more effective way is to open the Word Doc, Select ALL and copy.
Open Outlook Express,
Create New Mail
Format
Rich Text