Elder Scrolls 4, Q and perhaps A

Reaction score
I think there is a good chance it'll run great on anything above the 6600. FEAR and COD2 have hit the confidence of alot of gamers recently - but we shouldn't simply believe that everything that supersedes those games will be even more difficult to run. Oblivion still looks more like Far Cry than any other game - and Far Cry runs superbly on most newish graphics cards, despite looking alot better than COD2 and at least AS good as FEAR.

We're no where near seeing what the 6800 is capable of doing, let alone the 7800/x1900 cards; its just that generally developers are lazy and like to just assume the latest hardware instead of tweaking what's already around. Bethesda are very much aware of the importance of pleasing their allegiant fan-base, so I'm sure they'll be fussy about making the game as hardware friendly as possible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My ICT teacher was telling me she cant wait for this one, she went and bought a new graphics card for it lol

Reaction score
Hmmm well i have a 6600gt... Sooo I dunno and looks like i need to change my avater i dont work at Food Lion Anymore :-X

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
tomsega said:
We're no where near seeing what the 6800 is capable of doing, let alone the 7800/x1900 cards
:D this is coming from someone who has a 7800GTX :p

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Covenant said:
Its' out here on Friday - fingers crossed

Covenant

in England?
I'll tell you one thing, its almost scary on how huge the game world is!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Its already out here in the states, and im loving it. :)

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Oh my gawd - even the manual is 40 pages long. That's my social life gone for for the next few months.

Covenant

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Covenant said:
Oh my gawd - That's my social life gone for for the next few months.
laughingsmiley.gif

... ;)

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
Been playing the 360 version of Olivion since last Thursday, managed to cram in 15 hours worth so far despite my constant job application writings!

For me, it really lives up to what my dreams were when I first heard about Oblivion. Of these 15 hours so far, I think only 2 have been spent progressing through the main story. The rest of the time, I've been taking on many a side quest from various NPC's, some lasting 10mins, others a handful of hours, and scouring the wilderness, searching for hidden farms, and caves to delve into. Plus, it's gorgeous!

Reaction score
Has anyone who got the game found any bugs with it? the only one i have found was when it crashed when i talked to someone in one of the towns (i forget which), and when i loaded it up again it crashed. other than that, its a near perfect game :D.

also what kind of characters have people gone for? im like a battlemage, but more battle than mage ;)

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Not a bug exactly, but when ever I exit the game it brings up "this programme has encountered an error. Do you want to send a report to Microsoft" The game plays fine though.:confused:

I'm finding some of the quests quite tough, but my character isn't set up quite correctly. I'm using heavy armour where I really shold be using light and also I could do with finding some magical weapons but guess they will come later on in the game.

One other thing - I had 1gb ram, but I added another 512mb and it did make a difference.

Covenant

Last edited:
Reaction score
No bugs really, although its crashed after a few hours - but thats probably down to my PC getting hot..

So what specs is everyone getting? With my rig I get about 50fps in 1280x1024, with 4XAA, view distance max, large textures and most other things up/on.... but the grass and tree distance REALLY take a bite out of the performance, so those are on medium. I find you get much smoother result (without worsening the looks) if you have the tree fade low but the grass distance high.

The only thing I don't like about the graphics engine is how sporadic the framerate is in heavily forested areas.. Some areas look drop dead stunning in 60fps, whereas other places stutter down to 20fps without apparent justificiation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Covenant said:
Not a bug exactly, but when ever I exit the game it brings up "this programme has encountered an error. Do you want to send a report to Microsoft"
Covenant

yup same here, i dont know why that happens either:confused:

and the specs im getting are better than i thought i could get, running at 1024x768 res and most settings at medium, draw distances high but low detail. i can get about 60 or 70 like that, but if i drop into combat with lots of other combatants it goes as low as 20ish :(

Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in this thread (not loooked :( )

However it wont play in SLI, I have to switch it off or the main charactors walks or runs like a snail. Anyone else encounter this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
However it wont play in SLI, I have to switch it off or the main charactors walks or runs like a snail. Anyone else encounter this?

hmm thats interesting, you'd think all that time bethesda was making the game there would be an sli mode.

Ask a Question