Edit web pages in FP

Ken

I moved some web pages created in FP2000 to another computer using CD-R
disk. When I load the pages in FP, I cannot edit. Any suggestions
appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Frankster

Check the pages in Explorer. Coming from a CD they are likely to be write
protected (read only). Change that in Explorer if that his the case.

-Frank

Ken

I have change the "read only" and still cannot edit. I've tried importing in
FP with the same problem.

Ken

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

You copied them from the CD to your HD and removed the read only properties and you still cannot edit them?

| I have change the "read only" and still cannot edit. I've tried importing in
| FP with the same problem.
|
| Ken
|
| | > Check the pages in Explorer. Coming from a CD they are likely to be write
| > protected (read only). Change that in Explorer if that his the case.
| >
| > -Frank

| > > disk. When I load the pages in FP, I cannot edit. Any suggestions
| > > appreciated.
| > >
| > > Thanks, Ken

Ken

That's correct. When I open in FP and make changes, I get a warning that I
cannot save because it's not open for writing, although all the pages "read
only" has been unchecked.

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message You copied them from the CD to your HD and removed the read only properties
and you still cannot edit them?

| I have change the "read only" and still cannot edit. I've tried importing
in
| FP with the same problem.
|
| Ken
|
| | > Check the pages in Explorer. Coming from a CD they are likely to be
write
| > protected (read only). Change that in Explorer if that his the case.
| >
| > -Frank

| > > disk. When I load the pages in FP, I cannot edit. Any suggestions
| > > appreciated.
| > >
| > > Thanks, Ken

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Does the folder that it is in on your hard drive display with the blue globe on it (indicating that it is a web) ?

| That's correct. When I open in FP and make changes, I get a warning that I
| cannot save because it's not open for writing, although all the pages "read
| only" has been unchecked.
|
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | You copied them from the CD to your HD and removed the read only properties
| and you still cannot edit them?
|

| | | I have change the "read only" and still cannot edit. I've tried importing
| in
| | FP with the same problem.
| |
| | Ken
| |
| write
| | > protected (read only). Change that in Explorer if that his the case.
| | >
| | > -Frank

| |
| |

Steve Easton

Go here: http://www.computerstuff.net/software/utilities.htm
and download and run the free Attribute Remover.
Point it at the folder that is / contains your web and set ( leave the boxes unchecked ) it to
remove the read only attribute.

Make sure you browse to the folder with the globe on it that is / contains your web.

Then you should be able to edit the pages, because there are "hidden" files inside the web that need
the Read Only attribute removed.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Ken

Steve, thank you so much. I just downloaded the Attribute Remover and it
works.

Thanks again, Ken

Steve Easton

You're welcome.