Earthquake

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This might seem weird and I'm not drunk or anything but I could have sworn that there has been an earthquake

My chair started shaking and the water in my aquarium started sloshing around..scared the damn life outta me...:nod:

Sounds weird I know, waiting for confirmation on the tv that we have had something going on..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yes, just heard of it on the late News, apparently the epicenter was in Hull, but it was felt right across Britain and registered 4.7 so no wonder you experienced the shaking and sloshing CL :nod:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
There sure was m8..12.56am and my bedroom was rocking and rolling, even woke the wife and a few pictures are as you might say slightly off level.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not going mad :lol: I woke up when it happened, but this morning I wasn't sure if it was a dream!

Just shows how powerful it was if we could all feel it that far away from Hull!

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I heard it or not! :-/
Woke up a few times... wish I had been up like crazylegs, taffycat and floppybootstomp - you crazy night-folk! :p

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Take more than an earthquake to wake me. :nod:

What are all you people doing, being up and awake at that time of the night. :confused:

You shold be like me, snoring peacefully. :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's interesting that so many of you felt it, I should say that we didn't feel anything here, bit too far away, only heard about it on News 24... and judging by this mornings News, those early reports were a bit "off" too :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
So, I wasn't the only one then ... last time I go to bed late. :rolleyes:

:wave:

Reaction score
Yeah, i woke up two. Scared the crap out of me!! lol. Im in York and most people here felt it pretty strongly.

Reaction score
:lol: I slept straight through it, I wish I was awake for it :(
First I heard about the Earthquake was on the news when I got up, apparently it reached 5.2 on the Richter scale in some places :O

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
For anyone who didn't hear it on the News just now...

The British Geological Survey would like anyone who felt the earth move last night, to fill in a questionnaire on their website. This is to help with their researches into the earthquake :thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i was actually in daventry for an interview last night, still managed to sleep through it though lol

Ask a Question