E-Baying?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do many people here "e-bay"? I can't seem to get away from the word anymore ;)

I am in the process of photographing electronic bits that I don't need anymore and adding them to e-bay.

It is a very good idea, but e-bay must make a FORTUNE from the site. Millions of items online at any one time and they make at least a pound from most items sold. (Something listed at 99p costs 65 pence). I have £200 in ebay fees from the last few months! They also own paypal, which takes a few % from each transaction :(

Does anyone else have some thoughts on e-bay?

Reaction score
well i've used it about 50 times and been great so far.

but there away a risk when buy from ebay - and yeah ebay must make load for it

never sold anything on it yet - might sell my graphic card when i get my new 1

it sometimes mad - cos some pll bid way over the RRP - and onther times there only 10 mins left and only at about £10 - you bid - 2 secs l8er 5 more ppl have out bid u

then there the ppl that bid and bid - when there about 5 days left - then the price alway goes high

Reaction score
I use eBay when i can get a good deal and it is an awesome way to get some stuff at good prices...

SAYING that! i bought a "coolermaster aerogate 2" off the net for £30 and it was awful! badly made and tacky and annoyed the hell outa me. Sold it on ebay a month or so later for £30 !!

Reaction score
hehe,

I use ebay as a LAST ressort!

I would happly pay the extra £20.00 and bbuy it from a proper company, but if i can save £100.00, i would use 'the bay'

KGB

Reaction score
one of the legal rip off's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14293&item=6705415177&rd=1

the guy make it look like he's sell a 3.2ghz cpu - but it's just the link - biding upto £55 - and he say that if u want the link now - e-mail hiom and he'll sent it for £5

ebay may be good sometimes - but it's full of stuff ppl don't even take to the carboot sales anymore!

just got meself a new keyboard for £1.70 ! early mornaing a good till to get a good deal

Reaction score
I use ebay, mainly for computer bits. Doubt if I would buy anything like a mobo or proc on there tho. Just bought Kingston memory at a pretty goodprice. Fans and things are so much cheaper on ebay :)

I dont sell on ebay because of the fees. I`m a lot happier to cut out the middle man and sell it direct to who wants it

Kye

Reaction score
I do not trust e-bay. I dont like the thought of buying somthing of somone i do know know and lives so far away...
But then again i dont know have e-bay works. I wouldnt trust a middle man either.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I dont use eBay if i dont have to. I only buy new things from there with the "Buy Now" price being lower than anywhere else. I doubt i would get computer components from there, becuase you dont know how theyve been treated, or the age of it.

Though it is good for classic consoles, if you ever wanted to remember the days of 8-Bit gaming, a nes is only a bid away ;).

Reaction score
i got a 2cm squared wireless colour camera for £1 (plus £18 p&p from hong kong)

when the exact same one's RRP is £99.99 - so that was a good deal!

Reaction score
I dont even want to think about what you have got planned for a 2cm squared wireless colour camera, KGB-911. All i can say is make sure you hide it well :eek:

Reaction score
Nooooo!

i'm not doing what you think i am doing!

My little brother (13, im 16) flies RC planes, so i put my camera in his modles, and watch the ground! - not that interesting, i know!

KGB

Reaction score
bought a strobe light for £9 from argos about 3 years ago.

Sold it on eBay last month, without box, without accessories for £12.50 + P&P !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
some people will go to ebay, asuming it is the cheapest there is, and not bothereing to do the research!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I will sing the praises of ebay for one thing. Was building a friend's computer, Asus motherboard, P4 3Ghz, when I managed to break the plastic bracket that holds the cooler, the one that screws to the motherboard.

I searched high and low, couldn't find a replacement anywhere.

Tried ebay, there was a guy selling them.

He only wanted a few quid for each one, I sent him the money for two, he sent me three. He even phoned me up to make sure it was the right thing I needed.

So, that was good, got me out of a spot, it was one expensive motherboard, over about £120.00, as I remember :)

I'm floppybootstomp on ebay as well as here, if you look me up, you can probably see the positive comments I left for him.

Ask a Question