1nteger's freebies

Reaction score
Every now and then, I have a few spare bits of kit that take up space in a draw or wherever and i hang on to them for ages in case one day i might just need 'em. The fact is, it would probably be much more useful to someone else than me and I'm too lazy to put 'em on eBay.

Therefore,occasionally, i intend to list a few items that I'm willing to send AT NO CHARGE to peeps who might really benefit from them.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT SALES...THESE ARE FREEBIES:thumb:

However, to qualify to recieve such a gift, you must post in this thread to say what you need from my list and why.

Other members can post to give their verdict on the most compelling reason. As soon as I am conviced...I'll ask the poster to PM me and i'll send them the kit. TOTALLY FREE.

I GUARANTEE that there's no catch. I just want to let some others benefit from some spare hardware that's just takin up room. I'll even cover postage (non-recorded and within UK only).

WHY? ...'cos it will make me feel good if I can help someone else out and create some room at the same time...that's why!:D

I should also stress that any items i get sent in order to review for PCR will NOT be part of this unless Ian Cunningham agrees beforehand. Such items (again in consultation with Ian C) may be offered as PCR competition prizes instead.

One final essential...the only people allowed to post in this thread will be those that have at least 100 posts in the PCR forum.

Give me some feedback if you like the idea. If you do, then i'll post a list of FREEBIES soon. Who knows...it might even help someone find that last component they need
(Moderators...I'm relying on you to delete any non-sensible posts...keep this thread serious!:thumb::))

Note from mods : This thread will be cleaned as per 1nt's request once the list is ready.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That sounds like a really good idea, and very generous of you! :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Moderators...I'm relying on you to delete any non-sensible posts...keep this thread serious!

Hey Flopps! ... we be banned. :D

Now, on a more serious note ... I love the idea, will assist all I can.

:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great idea :D I'll keep an eye on the thread too :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice new super-cool HSF

Why?

...well I just started "crunching" again over at Find-a-Drug and my temps with my poor stock HSF are averaging 60c :eek:

Anyone need any more info on FaD, just pop along HERE and join team 2245 ;) :thumb: :D

:cool:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:

Why?

...well I just started "crunching" again over at Find-a-Drug and my temps with my poor stock HSF are averaging 60c :eek:

Anyone need any more info on FaD, just pop along HERE and join team 2245 ;) :thumb: :D

Well Mucks old friend, I think you already qualify on all counts and i have a Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro spare. If it's of ay use, PM me and i'll post it to you. if it helps with data folding then that's good enough for me m8!:thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
What the 'heatpipe' one with the fan controller ... Well I won't say no :blush:

I was going to pop along to the Computer Fair tomorrow and have a look around, may still go anyway and have a 'day out' ... PM on the way. :blush:

Edit, just made this thread a 'stickie' :D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
What the 'heatpipe' one with the fan controller ... Well I won't say no :blush:

I was going to pop along to the Computer Fair tomorrow and have a look around, may still go anyway and have a 'day out' ... PM on the way. :blush:

Edit, just made this thread a 'stickie' :D

Yup...it's the top end one with fan controller....and WOW a stickie in the 'General' forum...damn, I might have to buy new kit to give away!:blush: Let's not get too carried away m8:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As it happens, there is a fantastic review on it here Mucks ;) From our very own Floppybootstomp :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
As it happens, there is a fantastic review on it here Mucks ;) From our very own Floppybootstomp :D
Oops sorry Flops, missed that one ... and with pretty blue lights as well. Oh my.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:

Yup, that's the one. I took the 'fins' off to give greater chip cooling. They're designed to blow cool air down onto the mobo chipset, but I sacrificed this for CPU cooling. I have the fins though, so u can always re-attach them.:thumb:

Best cooling performance I've experienced so far....
just haven't been bothered to re-install it.

Reaction score
i dont suppose u have an old stick of 256 ram :blush:

my computer could use more when running a few programs at once, it only has 256 atm :blush:

and a DVDRW as CDRW packed up and looking for a new drive :)

real cool what you are doing here mate :thumb:

EDIT : typo

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I'm after an AMD FX-57 if you have one laying around spare? Also a suitable PCI-Express motherboard and 7800GTX would make me happy, ill PM my address.

Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
I'm after an AMD FX-57 if you have one laying around spare? Also a suitable PCI-Express motherboard and 7800GTX would make me happy, ill PM my address.

LOL I'm sure you will m8....I sense that your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you posted that:D

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
i dont suppose u have an old stick of 256 ram :blush:

my computer could use more when running a few programs at once, it only has 256 atm :blush:

and a DVDRW as CDRW packed up and looking for a new drive :)

real cool what you are doing here mate :thumb:

EDIT : typo

Hi G-Man, I'm gonna post a list of a few items (now minus a Gigabyte Rocket cooler) when I get it together in the next few days.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:

Why?

No no no no no no......

The number of the team to join is 2219 :D

Come and join Mr Flops' crunching team, you know you want to :)

Find A Drug home page is Here and details of my team (Bitbendertech, number 2219) can be found Here We're at # 39 at time of posting.

And Forums are Here Find us under 'Team Spirit' section.

This has been a blatant and shameless appeal to get more team members :D

Sorry Mucks, but all's fair in love and crunching and you already got Kiwi, she a turncoat, that one, I thought she would have been with us :mad:

And anyway, it's all good........ ;)

Oh yes, free stuff. Nope, can't think of anything offhand, all the stuff I want/need costs a fair few bob.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Flopps, we'll have to start a slanging match ... see if we can convert a few from PCreview. :D

1nteger

... when your ready, start a new thread and we'll stop all this 'banter' from day one ... if you/we see any nonsence posts on the new thread we'll delete them.

... hadn't had to play with that delete button for a week, could do with chearing up. :thumb:

Ask a Question