1nteger's freebies

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
so neither of you guys run UD anymore ? which team has the most members ?

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
1nteger - I dont suppose you happen to have a spare ATX case kicking around I can use for housing a test system, because having to rip my main PC apart to test everything is driving me nuts.

Reaction score
integer you are a generous soul
if you jvhae an old pci video card, i would love to hear from you.

my old/only dell optiplex has a distasteful onboard intel video card, max res 640x800

the rest of the old girl is pretty good though, i just need and want a prettier display

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You're all the way in the US masterkeedu, so it would be too much for him to post something over there (probably cheaper to buy a PCI card over there for $15 from ebay :)).

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
Only those with 100+ posts eh? Any way around that for staff? :p

I reckon we ALL should do this, just in case we have something spare and un-used that might fit a new home. I'm sure I'l find a fair few bits one I have a good rumage around.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Chris Pickering said:

I reckon we ALL should do this, just in case we have something spare and un-used that might fit a new home. I'm sure I'l find a fair few bits one I have a good rumage around.

That sounds like a great idea! :)

Going on one step further from that, how about a charity auction?

Reaction score
Hey all.

A few quick points...please take note. Sme of the items mentioned so far i do actually have....however, my intention is to post occassional items and then peeps can argue their case of why I should let them have the item in question. I didn't intend to set up a wish list sort of scenario where people just say what they hope I might have!:eek::)

With the best will in the world, I wish I could help you all out but here's a couple of things to remember...

1. I have a couple of old ATX cases...but I can't afford to deliver and let them go for free...some things are just too big. I have a micro-ATX, almost new, that I might just be willing to send if their need is well demonstrated...and i'll even cover postage for that one.

2. I might have some sticks of RAM but i gotta check...don't hold your breath.

3. I have a 3d Rocket Pro cooler, but Mucks is already marked down for that. (Get it to you soon as I can m8:thumb:)

4. I have one (possibly 2) stock HSF for 64bit CPU's

5. I have a couple of keyboards - one brand new and unused.

6. I have various case fans and stuff...

7. I have a Motherboard of questionable reliability and loads of external backplates for USB, gameports etc...

8. I have some games too

Anyway...if you really are in need, you won't need to ask too many questions about 'quality' will you?;)

I like the idea of everyone doing this, but the reason for asking peeps to have plenty of posts is partly to encourage site visits and partly to make sure the request is from someone who's known to us here at PCR.

I hope that sounds fair to all you good folk out there:thumb::D

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
That sounds like a great idea! :)

Going on one step further from that, how about a charity auction?

Geat idea Bex...I'd be glad to pool my stuff for a good cause:thumb:

Reaction score
it would be nice for :

5. I have a couple of keyboards - one brand new and unused. (obvioulsly i would like the new one :blush: ... but it really doesnt matter :) )

and

6. I have various case fans and stuff. ( this would be nice for my new sytem build with a few extra fans and accesories (if any) :D )

EDIT: brackets ;)

Last edited:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm, a charity auction eh.

I think this is a good idea, I might even have some stuff to contribute if it is a good cause.
We would also have to think of a suitable format for the auctions.

We need some charity suggustions that everyone would like to support!

Some suggestions from me:
Cancer Research,
NSPCC.

Reaction score
heres a fantastic idea, though perhaps"corny"

a technology auction for the preservation society(historical society).

Our old and new equipment of technology cAN raise funds to preserve and restore the technologies, artifacts of the old.

I'm sure many of you have felt disapointed when the town tore down that old saw mill, or the river wheel, or gothic mansion.. Whatever it was it shoulda been preserved for generations to come, i feel we are far to quik to dismiss what is old as useless. This is simply not true, though perhaps they lack production value the information and nastalgic value is through the roof.

Anyway just an idea.

Reaction score
rite sorry if someone pasted abt this

but there is this website that is doing something similar to this
i saw it on telly last week but i cant seem to remember the organisations name!

it was cycle something
when ppl dont want something the post abt it online and then its sent to another person
obv u pay post but the item is free

does anyone know what website it is?
becuase i actually thoght it was a great idea
sorry if its going against the wishes here but it just came to mind!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
psd99 said:
rite sorry if someone pasted abt this

but there is this website that is doing something similar to this
i saw it on telly last week but i cant seem to remember the organisations name!

it was cycle something
when ppl dont want something the post abt it online and then its sent to another person
obv u pay post but the item is free

does anyone know what website it is?
becuase i actually thoght it was a great idea
sorry if its going against the wishes here but it just came to mind!

Freecycle :)

http://www.freecycle.org/

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:

thanks for quick response

is this the same thing im on abt then?

i do think it looked different on the telly and its on a yahoo group

i came across the same site last week but was not really impressed:(

thank u though.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Chris Pickering said:
Nope!

Oh, all right, as you is staff we'll let you off. :D

I'll see what my little brother can help with ... all I got is junk these days.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It is truly a very good idea but unfortunately my location makes is very difficult for me to participate and contribute something. I feel sorry for that :(

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

I'm up for the charity auction but one does need to be careful about which charity. Let's not forget that the larger charities are often well sponsored by the great and the good of this country and others - sometimes the more local charities - hospices and the like are truly desperate for money. I have worked for a big charity whom I shall not name and the waste of money was just appalling and totally unjustified in my opinion and I am sure that were this particular charity's donors to be aware of the scandalous waste of money there would be a national outcry.

It's a tricky one in terms of agreeing which charity to support - I do appreciate this, however I would struggle to support some of them as the rhetoric is not always a match for the reality and that is putting it as sensitively as I can without naming names.

Love

Gabs x

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
gabriella said:
Hi

I'm up for the charity auction but one does need to be careful about which charity. Let's not forget that the larger charities are often well sponsored by the great and the good of this country and others - sometimes the more local charities - hospices and the like are truly desperate for money. I have worked for a big charity whom I shall not name and the waste of money was just appalling and totally unjustified in my opinion and I am sure that were this particular charity's donors to be aware of the scandalous waste of money there would be a national outcry.

It's a tricky one in terms of agreeing which charity to support - I do appreciate this, however I would struggle to support some of them as the rhetoric is not always a match for the reality and that is putting it as sensitively as I can without naming names.

Love

Gabs x

I agree. Far better to choose a small charity where the money raised would actually make a difference, than to waste it on a big-brand who will waste it in admin costs!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well said Gabriella.

I tend to support local hospices and despite my meanie stance in that other charity thread, have organised fund raisers for local hospices in the past.

But we're worldwide here, could be tricky finding something agreeable to all.

And no, that doesn't mean I'm in ;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thanks for the support Bex and Flops - I could write for ever about the sheer waste of public donations to some of the big charities and that isn't to say that their philosophies are bad or with malice but the actual running of them (admin included but not exclusively so) would make most people who aren't aware of the inner workings shudder. I do appreciate that this is a very delicate area and is an issue that not all may agree upon. I close by saying that I left a big charity 18 months ago because I could not bear the duplicity that was going on - that is, the public face of the organisation as opposed to the actual day to day stuff and what some of the 'media moguls' would say to get donations from people 'on the street' and also the rich and famous. This was something that I could not live with morally.

Sorry if I sound a bit passionate about this but my personal belief is that honesty and integity should not be compromised ever.

Love

Gabs xx

Ask a Question