e-bay

Reaction score
OK i'm an e-bay virgin, but have plenty of top class stuff to sell, honestly it's decent.
How do i go about selling it on e-bay, any do's or dont's.
Photo's all ready done & have plenty to sell.
Any advice will be most welcome.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good photos and plentiful descriptions are the key points, but it sounds like you have those covered :)

It's usually best to list items for 7 days with a fairly low starting price (but a moderate reserve), as this way you'll get the best price possible. I've listed things for 99p before, as that way they get loads of bids and it often reaches a good price - but only do this if it is a popular item otherwise it may well go for that price :)

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi feckit
I agree with Ian, and also look at what's selling in your category. My daughter has sold about £700 worth of designer items (all genuine I might add) in the last month. The main thing is to develop positive feedback - quick response to questions, quality packaging and Recorded Delivery or even Special Delivery, but don't go mad on postage costs as many sellers hedge their bets by over-cooking the postage.
Use PayPal only - it's expensive but safe - if you have bought in the past you need to upgrade your account to accept payment. I have worked out that to sell with e-bay and PayPal, charges costs about 13pc of the selling price.
When you start to sell you will be inundated with 'questions' from foreign parts inviting you to purchase items to sell on (see 'Watchdog' this week). Just delete these.
Otherwise there is no real problem - you can check members' feedback - I have had purchased two faulty items in nearly two years - the first was replaced and the second refunded without having to send back the faulty item.
The 'Watchdog' report was about mass buying and selling-on of so-called 'designer' items, which are easily spotted by looking at multiple offers of the same item.
Sorry to go on but if you need more info please feel free to PM me.
Cheers
peahouse05:)

Ask a Question