DVD+RW+R problem

Reaction score
for some reason when i burn dvd's they arent burning onto the disc's. it will burn data cd's and music cd's but when it comes to DVD's it wont, the files are dvd encoded and it goes through the burning processe and the light on my dvd r comes on to say its burning, but when its finished the DVD is still blank

any ideas?

Reaction score
ok well erm im lost now.......the dvd i copied onto that showed up blank, i just checked it now, and its now showing up as DVD with the movie on it(when its in the computer) but when i try it on my PS2 or any of the DVD playes in the house, it doesnt show up/work just says its a blank disc, im confused

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if i burn a data disc then try and read the disc it comes up blank but after a reboot it works. also not all players can read RW discs

Reaction score
Is it maybe the type of media you are using? What type of DVD's are you using? Named brand?

Reaction score
downloaded.... .avi .mpg e.t.c but they are converting to the right format and they are burning onto the disc, but just dont play on anything, i know something is wrong because we have over 300 copied dvd movies and all of them play on the dvd players and ps2 aswell as the PC's so the fact these will only play on the PC says theres sumthin wrong

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
I had terrible trouble with my DVD writer... which a friend gave to me after he couldn't get it to work either!
It was luck of the draw whether it produced a working dvd or a coaster...
Turned out a hardware upgrade was needed - 2min download from manufacturers website.
Now it works perfectly.

Reaction score
Try burning the DVD in the slowest possible speed. May be 2x and then check. As Burned DVD is playing well on the computer its mean burning is Okay and the difference is between different DVD Players (Might be PC is writing the DVD in 16x and PS2 is capable of reading DVD's at the speed of 8x only).

My 2 cents :)

Ask a Question