dumping physical memory

Michael

About once a week I get a blue screen that says beginning
dump of physical memory. The system reboots within 30
seconds and everything seems ok. Does anyone have
thoughts on this? Please let me know of any fixes. Many
thanks. Michael

you can respond to (e-mail address removed)

Jerold Schulman

About once a week I get a blue screen that says beginning
dump of physical memory. The system reboots within 30
seconds and everything seems ok. Does anyone have
thoughts on this? Please let me know of any fixes. Many
thanks. Michael

you can respond to (e-mail address removed)

Use Control Panel / System / Advanced to configure Start and Recovery options.
Make sure you log the error so you can tell us what it is.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Terrence Tan [MSFT]

Can you note the details of the stop error and post it?
Blue screens can indicate driver issue or hardware-related issue among
other things.
The exact stop error code and message will help with troubleshooting.
Prior to these blue screens, did you make any changes (ie add/remove
hardware, install new application, etc.)?

***
Terrence Tan
Server Setup Team

Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me.
This allows others to add to and benefit from these threads
and also helps to ensure a more timely response.
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either
expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the
implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a
particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting
are mine and do not necessarily express or reflect the views
and/or opinions of Microsoft.
<From: "Michael" <[email protected]>
<Sender: "Michael" <[email protected]>
<Subject: dumping physical memory