Dual operating systems?

Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure where to write this but im ever so tempted to install Linux on my PC to replace my XP just to see what it is like and I was wondering that if I was to have 2 operating systems on one hard drive, will it slow down my computer at all?

Cheers :D

Reaction score
I run XP Pro & Ubuntu on my test laptop and it works fine with a 1.7GHZ CPU & 2GB RAM.:thumb: What are your pc specs?

Reaction score
Ahhh ok cheers, well I've just stuck Ubuntu on my pc now so I can use XP or Ubuntu whenever, seems a lot faster than XP, can say that haha. And specs are 4GB RAM, 2.8ghz i5 and gtx 460 :D

Ubuntu is gunna take a while to get used to haha

Reaction score
hi,

if you are not planning to use Linux extensively, you could also find some Linux Bootable discs on the internet which generally runs pretty well with a machine matching your specs :D

Sifou

Reaction score
If you dont want to download Linux then their are a few Linux Mags that offer a version or 2 on sale at most good newsagents. I'm using Ubuntu and Mint at the moment and both are very good.:thumb:

Ask a Question