From: "Lucy Thomson" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.powerpoint
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: Dual Monitor Mode etc.

Hi Chris

Thought in line...

AFAIK you can't rearrange the areas but you can re-size them - just drag
the double headed arrow thingy that appears when you hover over the lines
between the areas.

That was what I feared!

Check the graphics card manufacturer's website (or your laptop's
manufacturer's one) for an updated driver. Try playing with the hardware
acceleration in XP rather than PowerPoint: right click your desktop ->
properties -> settings -> advanced -> troubleshoot.

Have tried all those and no difference.
I suspect now that it must be a caching issue. If, before running the
presentation, I go down all the thumbnails and see that they are loaded then
all works as I would hope. However if I just leave PPT to load the
thumbnails as it gets to them then there is a problem. The slide view is
just fine all the time.

Anyway that is a work around.

If this happens on many machines it sounds like an issue with the file and
not your computer. Animations changed a great deal from 2000 to 2002/XP
(though they haven't changed much since) so you may want to look at the
animation courses on the MS website:
http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC060786731033
Check to see what speed the animations are set at in the animation
taskpane. If that doesn't help there may be a problem with the file, this
may help with that:
HTML "Round-tripping" to repair corruption
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00526.htm

Appear animation seems to have no speed control. The problem exists with
several files - all ex PPT2000 running on 2007.
Will try a round trip and see what happens.
Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

cheers
Chris

Lucy Thomson

Chris Watts said:
Appear animation seems to have no speed control. The problem exists with
several files - all ex PPT2000 running on 2007.
Will try a round trip and see what happens.
Ahhh yes, now you say that I remember someone sending me a 2000 file with
animations that was completely stuffed in newer versions. I'm afraid there
was no workaround - it was something to do with them all becoming after
previous when they should have been with previous or something (sorry brain
not quite engaged yet). Hang on let me see if I can find the e-mail.... OK,
so the problem he was having was related to the fact there were no 'exit'
animations in 2000 so you had to use 'hide on next mouse click' to get
things to disappear, however, from 2002 onwards there were 3 new animation
classes - 'Exit', 'Emphasis' & 'Motion Paths'. I think powerpoint wants
something to disappear completely before it starts the next animation which
is what was causing his problem. Could yours be related to that?

Lucy