DRM

I have had DRM foul up my computer. I am a 74 year old male, and I am a
volunteer driver for the red cross. I had no idea making spare coppies to
take on my blood runs was illegal. I have since completely dumped all music
from my computer. However the damage remains. I can't even format my disk.
The question is: Does anyone know who I can contact to get drm off my
back?

Daave

"Widow makers operator" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have had DRM foul up my computer.

What specifically is wrong with your PC?
I had no idea making spare coppies to take on my blood runs was
illegal.

It is *not* illegal to make copies of your personal music files so that
you may listen to them elsewhere.
I have since completely dumped all music from my computer.

What do you mean? Did you delete all .mp3 (and other audio) files? If
so, I sure hope you didn't pay for them!
However the damage remains. I can't even format my disk.

What damage? And why would you want to format your disk? That's a pretty
drastic measure!
The question is: Does anyone know who I can contact to get drm off
my
back?

I would personally avoid using any DRM-protected files in the first
place.

dobey

wrote in message

What specifically is wrong with your PC?

It is *not* illegal to make copies of your personal music files so that
you may listen to them elsewhere.

What do you mean? Did you delete all .mp3 (and other audio) files? If so,
I sure hope you didn't pay for them!

What damage? And why would you want to format your disk? That's a pretty
drastic measure!

I would personally avoid using any DRM-protected files in the first place.

Geez the guys 74, give him a break!

Paul Randall

Are you talking about the Sony 'root kit' thing? Sony has settled a lawsuit
about this fiasco. The problem is that people who still have these evil CDs
in their posession are still screwed over by them whenever they stick the CD
in their computer. And they are probably no longer permitted to be
compensated for the damage. Very much like people injured by landmines long
after "right" and "wrong" wars.

-Paul Randall

Daave

dobey said:
Geez the guys 74, give him a break!

I wasn't aware I was giving him a hard time. Must be that Asperger's
acting up again...

Seriously, I was just trying to help the poor fellow. He seemed like he
wanted to format his hard drive (which more often than not is
unnecessary), yet he never really said what was wrong with his computer.
If he can tell us *how* his PC is damaged, I'm sure many here will offer
him help to solve his particular problem.

Now if anyone *does* know of a contact to get drm off his back, I'm all
ears!