Driving in London!

Reaction score
Just had the joy of joys of driving in London.

Oh how I have missed it so I thought, should have popped in to see Mr Flopps for tea and biscuits!
Nearly took a bloke out on a crossing, dressed all in black with a hoodie & only saw his white trainers at the last moment. Slammed on the breaks and stopped just in time, he called me Mr Hunt or similar and gave the finger, which was friendly.

It's not changed my mind on London and driving in it, at least I was not in a 24tonner this time!!
Boris got £10 off me which was nice to drive in London and I thought with the charge their would be less traffic or is that just a myth that TfL once spouted about??

OK moan over!!

Reaction score
You wouldent catch me driving in London now. I used to drive HGV's up there many years ago when I was in the Fire Service on my days off and it was bad enough then, now must be a nightmare, hats off to those who have to do it now.:bow::bow::bow::bow:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Stick to North Yorkshire. :)

It's a dream compared to London.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I gave up driving in London years ago. Now everything is done on foot or on push bike :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I been driving (4 wheels) in London since May '68 and all of you who are scared to drive in this fair city are wusses :p And motor sickles since April '67.

Mind you, ain't had a motor for several years now, no real need, shanks pony, bicycle and public transport are my modes of transport and occasionally a hired car.

Works out a helluva lot cheaper, no motor, I don't miss them bills at all.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I been driving (4 wheels) in London since May '68 and all of you who are scared to drive in this fair city are wusses :p And motor sickles since April '67.

Mind you, ain't had a motor for several years now, no real need, shanks pony, bicycle and public transport are my modes of transport and occasionally a hired car.

Works out a helluva lot cheaper, no motor, I don't miss them bills at all.

You tell em Flops :lol: an well done for the wheeless attitude :thumb:

One of the last training jobs I had (them w're days ) I had was in London so we had to travel from Brum. The guy who contracted us rang us the night before and asked us to meet at some service station. Why I asked. You'll never get through the traffic he replied and I can show you some devious short cuts. I scoffed at this claiming years of experience with big cities but my partner insisted we take up the offer.
Next day I saw this was a very sensible move. Somehow this guy found some convoluted path through miles of almost stationary traffic and we arrived on time.
Never driven in London ever since or wanted to. :cool:

Reaction score
I used to drive in London from my house in south London to the museum.
The worst time of the year to drive I found was in the winter when it had been raining or snowing.The road surface is then black and among the blackness looms a cyclist in black! with no lights...don`t you just love them?
historian

Ask a Question