Computer Geek for London Mayor

Reaction score
A close friend of mine, IT worker Jake Willis signed up to the http://www.londonelectsyou.co.uk mayoral candidate competition - the winner gets a £50,000 campaign budget to challenge Boris & Ken for mayor of London.

Now in a bizarre twist of fate, he's currently leading the competition by a huge margin!

He was interviewed on GMTV last week (
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1612982004715278827) and just wants to get the chance to put forward some of his manifesto with regards to transport, health & housing.

If you fancy seeing an IT computer geek having a pop at mayor, then go and have a look at Jakes manifesto then give him a vote.

http://www.londonelectsyou.co.uk/MemberProfile.aspx?member=400696

Even if you're not a Londoner make yourself heard because what happens in the Big Smoke inevitably filters through to cities up and down the country

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The only thing that London does for the rest of the country is spend our taxes . We pay you lot of spolit gits spend .

Heres a few to make folk vomit

The Dome
The Royal Opera House
That new multi billoin pound railway station.

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
The only thing that London does for the rest of the country is spend our taxes . We pay you lot of spolit gits spend .

The Dome
The Royal Opera House

Exactly - so get a normal bloke in!

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:

The Dome
The Royal Opera House

he'll probably spend the money on LAN centres and such ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I say, we've been politically spammed :eek:

Anybody who scraps the congestion charge, sends Ken Livingstone into exile and locks up Boris the Buffoon and removes the words 'Mayor Of London' from all our buses and the Woolwich Ferry gets my vote :thumb:

;)

Considering Livingstone was once my hero - I worked for the GLC - I now loathe him with a passion.

He promotes bendy buses.
He promotes bicycles.
Bendy buses kill cyclists.

Oh.

Congestion fee.

I've been driving across Waterloo Bridge at dawn for as long as I could drive. Always considered this pleasure one of the perks of being a Londoner. This is my home. Now Ken makes me pay £8.00 for the privilege.

Go Porsche.

No more tidal flow in the Blackwall Tunnel for Kenneth has decreed it. This results in bigger traffic jams.

New traffic lights causing more traffic delays and benefitting nobody. Our Ken again.

And of course there's his underlings misappropiating funds.

You could say I'm not fond of Mr Livingstone :)

/rant

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
flopps you forgot another of his genius ideas, speed bumps!!

spent millions putting the damn things in and now they want to take them all out and put up average speed cameras

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
he'll probably spend the money on LAN centres and such ;)

Well, he does drive an aircooled camper!! (Check out Volkszone.com & ewo.co.uk) I noticed your avatar pic ;0)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This cracked me up....

From feckit's link:

and finally....
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which almost went unnoticed last week. Larry La Prise, the man who wrote the song "The Hokey Cokey", died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.